Thread: Am I the only person with a problem with Outlook 2007 on Vista not responding after Sleep mode

Am I the only person with a problem with Outlook 2007 on Vista not responding after Sleep mode

I am not able to work with Microsoft Outlook 2007. It is not working when my system get backs from sleep mode. I have Vista business edition installed in my system. I had upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. And the issue only appear when the system comes back from sleep mode. On awaking the system when I click on the Outlook icon in the system tray, it freezes and then system did not work well. I am not able to understand the issue behind this. Other applications like a web browser or chat application works quiet well.

There can be issue with the antivirus in your system. That would be causing the problem. Simply disable your antivirus or ensure that it is not blocking the email client. Basically this kind of issue appear when there is some issue with application. Or simply there are bad sectors in your system. Just take the backup of your emails and inbox and then run Office Repair setup. It will help you a lot in fixing th problem.

Re: Am I the only person with a problem with Outlook 2007 on Vista not responding after Sleep mode

Not a solution, but a work around so you can open your Outlook files.

1) Close Outlook
    2) Go to C:\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (AppData is a hidden folder)
    3) Delete all the temporary (.tmp), (.obi), and (.dat) files. They may be hidden, but if you get into AppData, which is a hidden folder, you should be able to see the hidden files in this directory.
    4) Open Outlook

Re: Am I the only person with a problem with Outlook 2007 on Vista not responding after Sleep mode

Thank you very much for this end to my total frustration. I suspect this problem may be related to my Outlook data file not being in the same location.

Following on from above, this should fix the problem which is becoming more common as MS updates continue to cause not responding problems for Outlook 2007 (and MS fails to address the problem....)

You need to go to the Outlook folder in Local\Microsoft\Outlook and Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

1) Close Outlook
    2) Go to C:\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (AppData is a hidden folder)
    3) Delete all the temporary (.tmp), (.obi), and (.dat) files. They may be hidden, but if you get into AppData, which is a hidden folder, you should be able to see the hidden files in this directory.
    4) Open Outlook

Then remember to ALSO go to the Outlook folder in the ROAMING folder if you are running VISTA or WINDOWS 7

Go to: C:\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook to do this.

So you need to go to the Outlook folder in Local\Microsoft\Outlook AND Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

Thanks for this. I was aware of this potential fix, but it only provides momentary assistance in some instances, particularly where email enclosures are large.

After dissabling all of the addons, the best solution for me has been to run Outlook in safe mode 'Outlook / safe'. Everything I need works, including synchronising with my PDA. Having no 'Preview Pane' seems to be a huge advantage too.

Another theory I have is that as many of us run corporate versions, this may well be the non-existent 'Server' being hunted for download purposes.

It could be that you have and email/Paypal problem please see below:

Paypal problem 14 October 2011

Here is the fix for Outlook 2010 and 2007 not responding problem.

1. Open notepad and paste 127.0.0.1 102.112.2o7.net save the file and call it hosts

Call this file hosts and remove the .txt so the file is simply called hosts

2. Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Rename the existing hosts file hostsold and copy your new hosts file into the etc folder at

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Problem fixed.

It was caused by Paypal using an incorrect IP address in their emails (102.112.2o7.net, where the o should be a 0, a zero) Paypal has failed to fix the problem for three days... yes it is also partly down to the poor design of Outlook, but Paypal should know better; Paypal should have fixed it immediately… but you know Paypal.

I don't understand why the problem might be paypal related, but I am willing to five this a try.

Is the '2o7' in 102.112.2o7 = two-Letter O-seven or is it Two Zero Seven?

Thanks, I just re-read your email and explanation.

I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Mr Hill for President !!!!!

I can't seem to make it freeze up, so thanks very much :)