Thread: Trying to convert Office 2003 trial version to full version

Trying to convert Office 2003 trial version to full version

I downloaded a Office 2003 Trail and got the product key separately. Started the installation wizards that goes upto half and fails with error saying something about missing file PA561401.CAB. I tried starting installation various times but every time getting the same problem.

I’m just a newbie, just know bit about installing and uninstalling softwares. Can anyone please help me fixing this problem ? I need Office on my computer urgently for a project. Thank you.

Re: Trying to convert Office 2003 trial version to full version

First of all I doubt if you can use the product key with any TRAIL suite because they come trial and die as trail. I haven’t saw anyone yet converting trial to full version. Anyways, as you are saying about the missing cab file, FYI Cab files are the installation file and it will be right there in your CD or in the office folder (if downloaded one). But the setup is not ablw to read it because of some error. Most probably the cause use to be any registry file from earlier installed office suite on this system. Had you installed any office suite before installing this one ? If yes, you must remove it completely from the system and run Disck Cleanup to delete its registry files as well. Later restart the computer and run Office setup.

I think it is not the Trail, you might have bought full version and installing from a CD. Hence you are getting the missing cab file. There is a Microsoft KB article that provides some solution of Missing File errors, you must check it out. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896301

Well guys, I fixed my problem by calling Microsoft Folks. They just gave me a confirmation code to activate my version and the problem is now fixed. Thanks BTW for you helps.