Thread: Problem when shutting down Microsoft Excel

Problem when shutting down Microsoft Excel

I had upgraded from Microsoft Office 2003 to Office 2007 Plus. There are around 3 to 4 workstations where I did the upgrade and it looks all of them is working except my system. I have a laptop with me. Whenever I try to exit Excel I get a error. I checked inside event viewer and found the error number as 7001. The description says that the session ended out with some crash or something. This occur each time when I exist this office application. I cannot find any way to fix the same. How to fix this thing.

It looks there is some file or some corrupt stuff in Excel which cause this issue. It is always recommended that yo perform a clean installation for new software. Upgrade is buggy most of the time. You can run a Repair setup that will help you to deal with the issue. Go in Control Panel and click on Add/Remove Programs. There click on the Office 2007 and below click on Change. Then choose Repair and click next. Follow the screen instructions and then see what happens.

The error you are receiving is about application crash. There are number things that you need to test and find where the issue actually lies. The crash can be caused due to various issues. Like it can be due to low file permission, or simply a corrupt system file.

How to troubleshoot errors when you save Excel files

re: Problem when shutting down Microsoft Excel

I will strongly recommend you to perform a clean installation of Office 2007. There can be some pending files of Office 2003 which is causing the crash. Whenever you run a new application setup do not overwrite it on older one. That is the reason you get this kind of bugs. Some incompatible files are left behind.