Thread: Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise setup continuously loops

Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise setup continuously loops

Facing a very strange problem with my Office 2007 Enterprises first time since its installation almost a year ago. It is running on my Vista laptop, whenever I open any office application (PPT, Word, Excel or anything) and click on Help, instead of giving me the help menu, Office starts a box saying “Configuring Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise...”

The configuration use to be very slow hence I tried canceling it few times in the start but that quits the application as well. Again I need to start the application (For Example MS Word) and when I click help of F1, again the configuration box appears. Once I left it to complete and took over an hour for the same. Once it got completed it told me to reboot the system now. As soon as I reboot and come back, the process repeats again. In short, am not able to access the HELP in any office application.

The problem started recently, was working fine for a year. I tried repairing it with the original DVD I have. This process was also very very slow; it took about 2 hours to reach the end of the process and suddenly failed. Is anyone having any idea regarding this ? Or any advices how to fix the problem ? Please help.

RE: Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise setup continuously loops

Hey guys, me too facing a similar problem. You getting the configuration window while clicking on Help, but in my case it starts as soon as I try to launch any Office program. Once the configuration is completed the only the program launches and works fine thereafter. But I need to wait for about 5 minutes every time I try launching Outlook, Work, Excel, powerpoint or anything. It is very frustration. Can anyone help me too ? FYI, this is the fresh install and the problem started since the first launch itself.

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise setup continuously loops

Are you trying to access the system as an Administrator with full privileges? Many times it occurs because Admin of the system might not have given you complete access. Other than this, am not sure but I guess the problem is because your use profile might have got corrupted. You should try creating a new user account and see if the problem arises.

If still the problem exists than simply download Windows Installer Cleanup utility and remove the installation completely from your system, restart the computer and install it back again. It should work.

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise setup continuously loops

I had this problem on XP. The reason was simply that my user ID did not have Administrator priviliges. I fixed that and the problem was solved!