Thread: Office 2007 Ultimate RTM can't find proof.cab

Office 2007 Ultimate RTM can't find proof.cab

I am having 2 computers, one running with Windows XP and other with Vista Ultimate 64bit. I have installed Dutch and English language packs in my Vista. Now the problem here is with Windows Vista. I downloaded an Office 2007 Ultimate ISO file from TechNet a week ago that used to install on XP, it went smoothly. Now am trying to install the same on Vista but every time it fails with an error saying :

“cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.en\Proof.cab”

Don’t know what could be the reason this time as it worked fine earlier. I tried to get some help on this and found few people saying ISO might have be corrupted, or try installing using ISO mounting with Daemon tools or try to burn the ISO to DVD. Well, I have tried all, even downloaded new ISO but none of them worked for me on this Vista machine.

What else should I do to install Office on my Vista computer? Any suggestion?

Re: Office 2007 Ultimate RTM can't find proof.cab

Struggling with the same problem on my XP professional since last 2 days. Tried mounting with various softwares, tried burning ISO to a DVD as well as a CD but yet the same problem. No matter what I do, still the installation wizard keeps on asking for proof.cab file. I know it is right the in the Office Package. I can see it but don’t know why my setup is unable to read the file. Somebody please help us.

Re: Office 2007 Ultimate RTM can't find proof.cab

I would like to say two things. First, are you able to extract the ISO image on your hard drive properly? Asking this because I have personal experience with this as I faced issues because the image was mounted with long filenames disabled. Hope that is not the case in you guys case.

Secondly, are you guys sure there is no other office installed currently on your systems ? Any trail ? Did you removed earlier suites completely from the system before installing the downloaded ISO ? if not, you should do it because any left over files from the previous installation wont allow us to install new Office in most cases. You can use Disk Cleanup OR Windows Uninstaller utility to remove those files completely before installing the ISO.

Office 2007 Ultimate RTM can't find proof.cab -- TechGuy

Hello Friend,

Use the following link to download the cab file and use the same
    http://rameshworld.co.nr/proofcab.html