Thread: office 2007 install gives "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

office 2007 install gives "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

This is the fresh and new assembled PC installed with Windows 2003 SP1. When I was trying to install Office 2007, it quits the installer with an error saying “The language of this installation package is not supported by your system”.

Don’t know about which language it is talking about. My Windows in English, Office 2007 is the English Ultimate edition. Even I dint tried installing it on any other pc, just opened the pack and inserted the CD in this system. Than what is the cause of this problem and which language is it asking about ?

Any suggestions please ?

I don’t know what could be the exact reason for this but I have experienced exactly the same error and was able to fix it myself. What did was put the Windows installation disk and started the setup again. When it reaches to the partition management, I simply deleted all partitions, formatted entire hard drive, made C and D and completed installation of windows on C drive. Later after installing all drivers and all, when I tried installing Office again ,there was no problem anymore. You can give it a try of there is no data stored on your drive as you said it is the fresh system.

I was tryingto install Office Enterprises 2007 on Windows XP Pro SP2 system and was getting the same error are mentioned above “The language of this installation package is not supported”. As a workaround I called Microsoft guys on Phone (I dint paid anything as they provide free phone support for Enterprises customers) and they suggested that I the Office CD needs DVD drive whereas I was having the CD drive on my Computer.

I guess they were right because I tried installing the same Office on my laptop having DVD drive and there was no such problem. Later what I did was copied Entire CD content to a folder on my laptop’s desktop, shared the same, connected my desktop with the laptop and run the set up on Network. Finally I was able to install the same on my desktop as well.

Sound’s tricky, isn’t it ? You don’t need to do so much of things. If you don’t have DVD drive but still if you system is able to read the CD, then simply copy it to a folder and run setup from there. Or else use your friends computer with DVD drive, copy the CD on your portable HDD or pendrive and run the setup on your pc.

Re: office 2007 install gives "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

I was having issues with with installing an Arabic Language Pack, and it had to do with 2 checkboxes on the regional and language options... Here is what i did:

On Windows XP:
    Go to Start , click Control Panel , and click Regional and Language Options
    Select the second Tab, LANGUAGES
    Then click on either or both checkboxes:

(X) Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)
    (X) Install files for East Asian Languages

You will need your Windows XP CD as it will copy files from the i386 folder.
    Last edited by modifiers; 06-01-2009 at 12:15 AM.

Re: office 2007 install gives "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

I am too facing problems while uninstalling Office Enterprises 2007 with the same error; it says “setup error the language of this installation package is not supported by your system. ” I already uninstalled Trail version that came pre-installed, now tried removing office 12 folders and files via RUN command but it says “some aspects are still running”.

Damn, I have tried everything but not able to get rid of this. It is my Windows XP Dell laptop.

I've got a similar problem!!!

My school gave me a DVD and a licence code for office 2007 enterprise but when I try to install it it just says "the language of this installation package is not supported by your system" if I go into the subfolders with the separate programs and double-click on say wordWW.msi it comes up with the error "setup could not install one of the required products for Microsoft office word 2007" and then quits. I've got an IBM netvista with a pentium 4 1.8 ghz processor 512 mb of ram and running windows XP professional. I've already got openoffice but I need more functionality than openoffice gives.

If any one can help please reply to this.

Here is a link of Windows site which can provide you more troubleshooting help on the error. This is also same for Office 2007. It is related to some language pack issue of Microsoft Office 2010 and there are solution to fix the same. You can before that try to run Windows update once. If that does not work then follow the link and try to perform the different troubleshooting steps mentioned below.

Fixing Office Installation Error