Thread: Cannot install Office 2007 Pro Error 1935

Cannot install Office 2007 Pro Error 1935

What does Error 1935 - Error occured during the installation of assembly component {9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80073712. means. I am trying to find out what the error message means. The only thing that I found that the error is due to some .net framework stuff. I had tried to install the same manually also, but still it did not worked. I am using Windows Vista here. Want some help.

I found the link that more information on the error. It is due to improper .net updates which are causing the issue. You can re-install it or simply run the setup to ensure that it is installed properly. Or else the error will keep on appearing. Run Windows Update one more time and check back.

Error 1935 when you try to install Microsoft Office 2010 or 2007

Re: Cannot install Office 2007 Pro Error 1935

Ah, yes. Error 1935... It has plagued me for months. I cannot install 2007 nor 2010 Office. I am running Win7 on a 64 bit laptop. The laptop came pre-installed with 2007 and when I tried to upgrade to 2010 the installation software made me uninstall 2007 in order to continue.

Now I am really screwed. No 2010, n0 2007. Microsoft's site has no resolution to this problem. They offer solutions that do not work. Many possible solutions, but none work. 1st, I tried to uninstall .Net to fix the problem. Did not work. Then I tried reinstalling .Net to fix it. Nope.

So, if there are any brain surgeons out there that have an answer; I will certainly try it and report how it doesn't work! Man, I wish I could run some spreadsheets or word processing on this new laptop...

I hope that once you uninstall your office, your problem will get resolved. Remove all Windows Installer packages remaining for Microsoft Office System 2007:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type installer, and then click OK. This opens the folder% windir% \ Installer.
    2. On the View menu, click Details. To use the View menu in Windows Vista, you must first press the Alt key to display the menu bar, then click the View menu.
    3. On the View menu, click Choose Details.
    4. Select the Object check box, type 340 in the Width of selected column (in pixels), then click OK.
    5. The objects are displayed next to each .Msi file may take several minutes.
    6. For Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 in the View menu, point to Arrange Icons By and then click Name.
    7. Right-click on the file .Msi whose name is "Microsoft Office Product_Name 2007", then click Uninstall.

For Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, then click OK. In the Services window, make sure the Office Source Engine is running. If so, click the right mouse button on the node Office Source Engine, and then click Stop. Close the Services window.

You said,[*]Select the Object check box, type 340 in the Width of selected column (in pixels), then click OK.[*]The objects are displayed next to each .Msi file may take several minutes.

No such Object check box in Windows 7 that I can locate.

It should come. I think that there are some files missing, that's why you are not able to check that. Try to repair the Office 2007, so that if there are any missing files, repairing will put it back. Once you have completed the repairing, follow the procedure that I mentioned above.

Well, the system will not allow me to modify, repair, reinstall, or otherwise affect Office. Period. I have uninstalled using a variety of uninstallers. I have uninstalled .Net and reinstalled at least twice. I have cleaned the registry using Tuneup and JV16 so many times I cannot count them. I really don't want to format the hard drive to fix this.

I am amazed just how many people have this dilemma and how many people offer advice to correct this problem. Sadly, the problem persists. I believe this is an engineered problem created by Microsoft. If you get exacerbated enough trying to fix it, you will cough up a few hundred bucks to fix it. Brilliant business plan. Sort of like major pharmaceutical companies that do not want to cure illness, only treat it by selling meds.

Well, the system will not allow me to modify, repair, reinstall, or otherwise affect Office. Period. I have uninstalled using a variety of uninstallers. I have uninstalled .Net and reinstalled at least twice. I have cleaned the registry using Tuneup and JV16 so many times I cannot count them. I really don't want to format the hard drive to fix this.
    I think that you have tried all possible ways to troubleshoot the problem (except the formatting). That is the last option but your problem will definitely get resolved. Also I would like to say that there are many issues that are not easily resolved. At such times you will have to format your operating system to sort out your problem.

This problem with Microsoft products (Windows 7 and Office) really perplexes me. Microsoft cannot produce a product that is any more reliable than "Error 1935?" After many, many months trying to resolve this error I am still unable to use the Office Suite.

Guess how much Microsoft cares about my dilemma? Pick a number between zero and minus ten... Perhaps Microsoft will follow Chrysler down the path to oblivion. OpenOffice works quite nicely.