Thread: Office Ultimate 2007 technet cd stuck at installation screen...

Office Ultimate 2007 technet cd stuck at installation screen...

As of now I was using Office 2003. Yesterday I planned to upgrade it to Office Ultimate and hence download the en_office_ultimate_2007_DVD_X12-22244.iso from TechNet. After I downloading I was trying to burn the ISO to a DVD but it was giving me some errors, hence I burned the same on CD and inserted in the DVD drive, started the upgrading process. In the middle of the process installation stuck and gives me the following error:

"Setup cannot find Ultimater.WW\UltrWW.cab. Browse to a valid installation source."

I pointed it to my DVD drive, I recognize the same and after few seconds again gives me the same error. Somebody please help. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Office Ultimate 2007 technet cd stuck at installation screen...

The very first thing coming to my mind is the CD is not burned properly because when it says to browse the valid location, it should give error again saying “Invalid Location” after pointing to the CD (if there would be any other cause of the error). Now since it is not giving any such error I strongly doubt it is the burning error.

Also the ISO should have been burned on the DVD instead of CD. If you were not able to burn it directly from the ISO, you should extract it to a folder on your Hard Drive and try burning from there.

Re: Office Ultimate 2007 technet cd stuck at installation screen..

Instead of burning it on a DVD (with errors) why don’t you simply use some CD mounting tool such as Daemon Tools. Just download/install the same and mount the ISO directly and run the setup. If you face some problem still than I guess there would be some problem in the downloaded ISO, you mat need to download it again from TechNet.

Re: Office 2007 Ultimate - Stuck at Installation Screen

Instead of burning it on a DVD (with errors) why don’t you simply use some CD mounting tool such as Daemon Tools. Just download/install the same and mount the ISO directly and run the setup. If you face some problem still than I guess there would be some problem in the downloaded ISO, you mat need to download it again from TechNet.

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I just managed to figure out that it was a CRC error. Anyway, I’ll try to download Daemon Tools or burning a fresh DVD and reply back here.

Thanks again.