Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installing Office 2007 on Terminal Server

Office Setup

Old 28-12-2006

Installing Office 2007 on Terminal Server

I facing a bit issue while installing Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows 2003 R2. At first I was able to install that properly on my Windows XP system. I have a VL key that use to activate those stuff. I am able to successfully activate the Office suite with VL key but the same is not working on Windows 2003 R2 Terminal Server. There is no issue with the installation. But some it looks the Terminal server is facing issue with installation. The error that I am usually getting is related to some Office application can't be used on Terminal server. Please contact your Microsoft retailer. What should I do to fix this thing. My VL keys are genuine. It is not working on Terminal server while on other it is working.

Old 28-12-2006

It looks some kind of activation failure. That is the reason you are getting this error. Go on the official website and check for the key validation. It is would be a worth part to find. You must once try to contact Microsoft about the issue. There might some problem with the same. I am quiet unsure about VL keys activate process. But found a link that can help you.

Learn About Product Activation
Old 19-02-2007

I am too facing the same issue. We are going to sell a system to our client and on that I am not able to activate Office. It still shows the trial edition. There is some issue that lies with different edition of Office. Below is a link that can offer you a bit more information about VL activation stuff.

Error message when you try to start a 2007 Office program within a Terminal Server client session: "This copy of Microsoft Office <Program> cannot be used on Terminal Server"

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , ,