Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office Customization Tool error message: Failed to get available product info

Office Setup

Old 30-11-2006

Microsoft Office Customization Tool error message: Failed to get available product info

I am new to Microsoft Office Customization Tool. I am trying to use this in Office 2007 through setup.exe /admin mode. It looks to be working fine but due to some issue I am facing installation failure at some point. It has not broken so instantly. When I try to run the same I am getting a error saying that unable to get product info. Also when the user from its end when double click on setup.exe he is getting error that setup did not completely successfully. I had tried to reconfigure the custom msp files but not getting any help on the same. It looks there is no major difference among the files which are on the network.

Old 04-12-2006

There are some corrupt files in your setup due to which you are getting that problem. You must be able to find the right setup so that you can get rid of the same. Try to find a different setup file for the same. You can arrange a iso or cd download image and then run the installation through that. That would help you in many ways.
Old 05-12-2006

Do this. Burn the data on the disc and then initiate the setup. There might be some issue with the internal files which is causing this error. Or simply if possible try to arrange another setup which would be more helpful. There can be certain missing files due to which your setup is not working well. I hope some can come up with a much better answer on the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , ,