Thread: Office 2007 install fails with a setup cannot continue message

Office 2007 install fails with a setup cannot continue message

I don’t have any idea how I can complete my Office installation. I downloaded Office ISO Image from TechNet and Every time I run the setup, It ends up saying the following error:

“Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disc or download location.”

Am sure my ISO image is not corrupted but still I downloaded the Image again yet the same problem. I tried burning the ISO to a dvd. Still getting the same error even I running the setup from DVD. Any idea please ?

Re: Office 2007 install fails with a setup cannot continue message

Is there any other office version installed on your system ? Did you removed it before installing this one ?

Also you should try to extract the ISO image to a folder on your hard drive and try running the setup from there because most of the time system faces some difficulty reading the files from ISO directly because of some security features. By talking security , have you turned off Onecare while installing the office ?

Other than this you should also try out ISO mounting softwares like Daemon tools. Using this you can mount the ISO as a drive and run the setup directly.

Thanks for the help buddy. I just uninstalled Onecare instead of turning it off but still getting the same problem with the same error. For instance, I have now download 5 ISO images but none of them helped yet.

I think I should now revert back to Windows XP and Office 2003 which I was using since years without any problem.

Sorry if my query is not related to this. I am having a Windows XP Pro and trying to install my original OEM Office 2007. The same copy is working fine on other systems but when I run this on my own system, it gives me an error message saying : “D:\ProHybridr.WW\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present.”

I’m sure my media is OK because its running fine on other system. As mentioned in other articles, I tried copying the CD to a folder on hdd and running the setup from there, but still getting the same.

Somebody please help me.

Am not sure if it will work for you but you should give a try by making sure that your system location is set properly by going to Control panel > Regional and Language Options. Alternatively you can also make copy of another system where this media is running fine and install that on your computer.