Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: office 2007 :The windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows

Re: office 2007 :The windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows

i logged in just to say thank you very much! All i had to do was go to ad\remove and do the IIS trick and all went well after that. What a time saver, someone deserves a case of beer on us!
    thanks

Re: office 2007 :The windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows

Lots of thanks guys just register to say thank you so much, good work Good bless u all.

3rd world country with poor internet connection :(

Just registered to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :worship:

I had the same problem with Office Installation but problem solved after reading this post :D
    Seem installing Windows from USB did dot copy that bloody DLL :D

Thank You Guys!!! \O/

*sorry for my poor english

Thank you!!!!, I had the same problem with office 2007 and Windows XP in a Netbook Acer Aspire One.

I just registered to say Thank you!!!!

i got this error most when i install from flash drives, now i have the solution... thanks a lot. XD

Thanks a lot guys,.it really works,.:)..I was tryin to instal office-07 and even tried with office-2010 also,while installing the the setup used to fail and the installation was rolling back with error "the windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files".As some our member suggested i searched for fp4ault.dll in I386\FP40EXT.CAB extension in original windows cd.I right clicked on that file and got an extract option(you should have installed zip files extraction software priorly,Ex:winzip or winrar) and I extracted it to c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\40\bin.Then I tried to install windows 2010.within few moments it got installed and working fine..thanxs a lot guys.

Regards
    Prashanth shetty

Thanks a lot guys . This helped me , amazing ! It worked . Office installed without any trouble ,
    Registered to say thanks :)
    Cheers !

I also registered just to say thank you, this helped me right away!
    So thanks!

office 2007 :The windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows

I have this kind of error but i already have this .dll in my bin folder. Is the solution same? Please help.. been fixing it a week now. Please see attached screenshot. Thanks for the advance help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms2007-error-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by aicanhelp View Post
    I have this kind of error but i already have this .dll in my bin folder. Is the solution same? Please help.. been fixing it a week now. Please see attached screenshot. Thanks for the advance help.
    Follow the below steps to solve this issue:
    1. First Download the file from this link - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displayLang=en
    2. After that a software update for Web Folders (KB907306) starts download .....
    3. Next a setup file will start and it will ask for your windows CD and wait a minute ...... it will ok
    4. Restart computer
    5. And finally setup Microsoft office 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12