Thread: How can I transfer settings in Office 2007?

How can I transfer settings in Office 2007?

I want help to transfer my existing Office 2007 settings to another system. I cannot find any related tool for that in Office tools. There must be some things that can help me to transfer whatever changes I had done. Like configured the Outlook and other template settings of Word. I need all of them exactly transferred to another computer which has the same edition of Microsoft Office 2007.

I am not sure about Office 2007, but the 2003 edition has a much better option or a very nice tool that can offer you to get the settings transferred between system. There is a very effective transfer wizard tool that can help you to gather data and them move them among application. The best part of using this tool is that it put everything in a single file.

You can try Windows Easy Transfer for that. That is the best way of getting common settings between two systems. All you need to do is install the same on both systems. Run Windows Easy Transfer and click on New Transfer. Then choose the settings that you need and you can move the file to a CD/DVD, network location or simply on a removable media. The advance options in the same provide you to manage more system and program settings but you can ignore that if not needed. Once you get the file saved, simply go on the second computer and then click import. That's all it is going work quiet well.

It is better if you avoid other tools and use Windows Easy Transfer. That is the best way to get common settings. But still I will recommend you to check properly once all those are transferred. There are chances that some might work and some not. Basically for Outlook you can export the settings and then import it back. I think a number of office applications has this kind of common settings.

Try using USMT. It is a nice tool and I had worked with it a number of time. It is a type of command line tool that allows you to migrate settings and user from one pc to another. You can test out and see whether it works or not. I recommend this for advance users, because those who had not seen this before, might not be able to use it properly. Compared to any other tool you had USMT is one of the most powerful here and offer more customization.