Thread: GPO to redirect Outlook "AutoArchive" location

GPO to redirect Outlook "AutoArchive" location

I need some settings to configure GPO in-order to redirect a AutoArchive location in my system. Does anyone is still using GPO settings for the same. If yes then please provide me a detailed settings for the same. I am trying to make the same for Outlook 2007.

RE: GPO to redirect Outlook "AutoArchive" location

So you are trying to redirect Outlook AutoArchive location. The path that was actually stored is mentioned in registry keys. You have to find the profiles registry keys instead of users registry location. And a ADM template can help you here to perform this. First to work on the same you had to modify user profile. That can be done through PRF template. Start with making changes to current .prf file. You can use CIW for the same. If you do not have this then simply download Microsoft Office Resource Kit 2003. It will help you. Now first ensure which place you to want to put for AutoArchive. In CIW click on Custom Installation. Open MSI and then specify the .msi file here. You have to then create a mst file. The next steps consist of Customize Default Profile Page of Outlook. From here choose New Profile and then add the settings of Exchange server. Make the modification that you want and done.

I had did this before on Outlook 2003. I can provide you some help over where. First for Outlook 2007 this is a bit complicated to find the resource kit. The problem lies with CIW. The automatic configuration for Send/Receive is not working here.

I am still not getting the complete step that can work here. One thing I found a bit very helpful. That for getting the .prf file you can try using Office Customization tool. You can download the same from web. There are tons of other tools which are available but still there is not exact process available to work on the same.

I found your guide to redirect the autoarchive folders and have redirected the folders to our users homedirectory where we can take a backup.

We have one issue though. some users have access to other shared mailboxes. This means that the shared mailbox is also autoarchived to the users personal homedirectory.
    We would like to change that, so the shared mailbox is archived in a seperate folder.
    Any ideas how to do that?

Re: GPO to redirect Outlook "AutoArchive" location

Hello, I'm having some serious issues with this PRF file. I had said up a test user on our domain were using and wen't to launch the file but NO changes were made to the path. Ive edited the file exactly how microsoft says to do so in outlook 2002 but nothing.....what else am I missing (It seems pretty self explanatory once you start editing the file), what else is there? Thanks