Thread: Office 2007 Trail: Setup could not find any available products to install

Office 2007 Trail: Setup could not find any available products to install

It is my Windows 7 64bit system running with Office 2007 Trail version that I installed with downloaded setup. Now the problem is whenever I go into Add and Remove programs and click on “Change” button, it gives me an error saying “Setup Error. Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system administrator.” Damn, I’m the one and only Administrator of this system and already logged in with the Admin account.

Another problem that raised during this troubleshooting is, while searching for fix to make Change button work, I tried to get help from Windows Update that suggested me to install 125kb Office 2007 SP1 file. Well, I installed the same but it keeps on prompting again and again for the same. It keeps telling me install that file again.

Can anyone please tell me how to stop this prompt and make the "Change" button work?

re: Office 2007 Trail: Setup could not find any available products to install

Was the SP1 update installed successfully? Also did you tried installing Office trail again? If yes, then this could be the problem. You should now manually run Windows Update and check the history. Click the question mark and see if they give some hint about the failed update installations. If you still wont get it fixed, I would suggest you to better forget the trial and buy a new Office 2007 with product key, install the same. This is the sure fix for this problem.

If you willing to go for the same, uninstall trail, run disk cleanup from Start > Program > Accessories, once done restart the system and install Office 2007 full.

Re: Setup could not find any available products to install. Office

Thanks for the reply and suggestion Gonzo but let me tell you that no updates got failed. Every time I got the message that update installation was successful. And yes, I tried installing Enterprises Trail over the earlier office 2007. Anyways, will buy a new Office and remove all these things.

Thank you.