Thread: file IU561401.CAB is missing

file IU561401.CAB is missing

I bought a new Office 2003 CD and was trying to install it on one of my laptops. But during the installation it stuck somewhere and gave me error saying something like “install could not be completed because file IU561401.CAB is
    missing”. I tried restarting the setup several time but every time the same error.

Somebody please help me locating this file and completing the installation. Thank you.

Re: file IU561401.CAB is missing

Are you sure your CD/DVD drive is working fine and able to read the disks properly? Because such error occurs when your drive is not able to read the disks properly. The missing cab files use to be on the CD itself. In such case what you can do is create a new folder on your drive somewhere and copy the Entire CD content to the same. Once copied double click to the Run the setup from the root of the new folder. This should work.

Hey guys, me too facing exactly same error installing Office 2003 Standard Edition after reinstalling Windows XP on my laptop. In order to fix it I changed the memory settings as suggested by a guy on a forum but that dint helped. I even updated required drivers in my system but that too dint helped. I don’t want to pay anything more to any technician just for installing one software as I have already paid for the product but I also don’t waste my time anymore as I have already wasted enough since past 2 days. Somebody please help. What else can I do?

Well you will need to waste little more time, just about an hour if you really want to fix it without paying to technicians. According to me your local installation cache is corrupted and hence you are getting such errors. What I can suggest you is simply run Disk Cleanup Wizard and uninstall every thing you see related Office products. Once done, there is a hidden folder named MSOCache. You will need to delete this as well completely form the system. If you don’t know how to do it, check this: How to delete MSOCache folder?

Once done, restart your system and try installing Office again. Hopefully it will be completed this time without errors.