Thread: SKU112.cab missing

SKU112.cab missing

About a month ago I bought brand new HP that came with Windows Vista and Office 2003 TRAIL pre-installed. I activated it for 60 Days trail period and everything was working fine. 2 days don’t know from where my system got a virus, however it was detected and removed by my MacAfee antivirus. But since then whenever I launch Excel, first a pop box appears with Office Installer, it runs for about 2 minutes and than says “SKU112.cab is missing”. This happens every time I try launching Excel.

Rest all other Office programs are working fine, only the problem is with excel. Let me tell you that i don’t have the office installation CD as it came pre-loaded by the vendor. Any solution to fix this ?

Re: SKU112.cab missing

The best suggest I can give is, as it is just a Trail and you have already used it for a month. After more 30 days you are going to buy OR you will need to buy the Full version, right? Then why not now. Just remove the trail and buy the Full copy of office and install it on your system. Why to waste the time on Trail that is going to die after 30 days ?

Well I have a solution using which I have fixed missing sku.cab errors many times. It should work for you as well. You don’t even need to have the installation CD as well in the following process:

1. Go to Start menu, Click RUN and type “excel /s” without quotes. Press Enter. This will open Excel in safe mode.
    2. Hopefully you will see the same installer window again but don’t panic. Don’t do anything to excel or installer, just press CTRL +DEL +ALT to open the Task manager. Or simply right click Task bar and select Task Manager.
    3. Now go to process tab and sort process with your name/user account.
    4. Search for a process named “msiexec.exe’. once you find it associated with your username, select the same, right click and select End Process.
    5. Now close Excel, and re-open it again in safe mode like we did in step 1 above.
    6. Again close and restart the computer and try to launch Excel normally you do.

It should work properly now.

I followed that same instruction and temporarily fixed the issue. When you power off and then power on, it reverts to the same issue.