Thread: Mouse Scroll Wheel ignored by Office 2007

Mouse Scroll Wheel ignored by Office 2007

Facing very strange problem. Earlier I was using Office XP on this vista computer, everything was working fine including my mouse Scroll. Two days ago I installed Office Professional 2007 and since then it is not recognizing my Mouse Scroll. I mean nothing happens when I scroll my mouse, I need to use the keyboard arrow keys for office 2007 applications.

Let me confirm that there is no problem with my mouse, it works fine in all other computer applications like Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, notepad and all. It just don’t work with office 2007.

Any help please ?

Re: Mouse Scroll Wheel ignored by Office 2007

I would like to ask few things. First of all which mouse model are you using and have you installed all latest mouse drivers on your system?

Second, is the problem only with any particular office program like word or excel OR it happens with the entire office program?

It is HP Optical 5-button (PP034AA) Wireless Mouse (English) and yes, I installed all latest drivers available for this model right after I started getting this problem. Also the drivers are properly selected for Windows XP Pro (my os).

Yes, the problem is with all Office programs including PPt, Outlook, Word, Excel or anything.

Getting problem with updated drivers is bit confusing. Can you just try removing all HP drivers (for mouse only) and installing Microsoft drivers for mouse? Not sure but we need to give it a try because the cause of the problem is yet undetectable.

Thanks for your suggestions friend, but it seems like there two different drivers involved, it is from HP as well as Microsoft. What I can see is HP Wireless Rechargeable Optical Mouse (HID) version 2.3.0.0 and HID-compliant mouse version 5.1.2600.0 from Microsoft. I think the trick to fix this is in the mouse control panel applet, to set the wheel to
    "Use Microsoft Office 97 Scrolling Emulation Only", rather than "Enable Universal Scrolling". What you say?

But before I do that am still confused if drivers are wrong then why is it working with other programs and not only with the office program.

samsung mouse

I too came thorugh this just yesterday and fortunately managed to fix it myself. Yeah, i'm surprised because am not so techie :P. See if it helps you too:

Go to start-all programs-samsung-setting-wheel. Change mode to default instead of enhanced.

good luck!