Many of you have seen my posts about this Microsoft error message that was a major problem because there wasn't anything out there to fix the problem.
So, here is the fix and what you need to do. Just so everyone knows what the exact error message is, if you get this when opening Word, Excel, or any Office product "MS Office <"Enter Office Product (Word, Excel, etc)"> has not been installed for the current user, then go to this link and follow the directions step by step.
Just incase the link goes away, here is the text for the anypcinfo.com article:
1) Create a Windows Account with full control admin rights, and then
go ahead and log into that new account.
2) When under the newly created account, open every Office product you
have, then close one at a time (Excel, Word, PP, etc...)
3) After opening every Office App, go into the registry editor (Start
| Run, then type in Regedit)
4) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Office, and
5) Then right click on Office, and go to Export, save the .reg file to
somewhere you will be able to find it (Root of C:\ for me)
6) Log off your temp Windows account, and log back in under your
normal Windows account that was giving you the error.
7) Open regedit again, and then go to File | Import and pick the file
that was exported.
8) After it says that it was successfully imported, go ahead and try
the app that was giving you problems.
Now it should work, just like it did for me. Also, remember you delete
the temp account that you created!!
Nope, doesn't work. But thanks for trying. Any other suggestions?
Well, it worked for me for awhile (longer than a reboot), but has quit working. I have going through these steps every week or so, but it is getting tedious.
So, this is only a temporary fix if it works.
just create new account(full control), from there, you can use MS office. No need to go regedit! that may cause something to your pc. I had the same problem but creating a new account solved it.as easy as that!
You need to replace the "MSO.DLL" file that is in here located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11 for Office 2003 and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12 for Office 2007
you can download hacked mso.dll from here, enjoy