Thread: Microsoft office has not been installed for the current user

Microsoft office has not been installed for the current user

I have only one account on my system. It is the only admin account which I use and I do not allow anyone to use my system. After some updates that are installed I am getting a weird error on my system. It is something about Office 2003. When I try to open any office application like Word or Excel, I am getting a error that the function you trying to run has macro and needs some kind of language support. I cannot understand this error. I then performed a repair setup. It crashed with a error saying that - Microsoft Program_name has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application. This is a bit weird.

Re: Microsoft office has not been installed for the current user

It is a permission issue. You are not getting full permission because of which the error appeared. And this kind of permission issue occur when there is virus in your system. Try to create a different user account with all access. That means that account should also has admin rights and then run it. You might see some help over there.

It looks issue with registry permission. You must ensure that the setup has full access to modify the same. Due to low permission stuff the error is crashing. You can try to run a fresh setup by running Windows Cleanup Utility and then run the fresh setup back again.

I had gone with issue some time ago. The difference between your and mine system is that I am having a 64bit system. And I am using Office 2007 on the same. It is working fine quiet from long time. Recently while making some changes I removed Visual Studio 2008 Beta and installed the RTM edition. But somehow Office was affected due to that.

I have Windows XP SP2 installed on my system. It is a genuine edition of Office. After setup I faced a issue with installation where the current user was unable to detect it.The error was related to installation failure. I checked my pc in safe mode and scanned it. There are tons of virus found. I had format it and after that Office installation worked.

Many of you have seen my posts about this Microsoft error message that was a major problem because there wasn't anything out there to fix the problem.

So, here is the fix and what you need to do. Just so everyone knows what the exact error message is, if you get this when opening Word, Excel, or any Office product "MS Office <"Enter Office Product (Word, Excel, etc)"> has not been installed for the current user, then go to this link and follow the directions step by step.

Just incase the link goes away, here is the text for the anypcinfo.com article:

1) Create a Windows Account with full control admin rights, and then
    go ahead and log into that new account.

2) When under the newly created account, open every Office product you
    have, then close one at a time (Excel, Word, PP, etc...)

3) After opening every Office App, go into the registry editor (Start
    | Run, then type in Regedit)

4) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Office, and
    highlight Office

5) Then right click on Office, and go to Export, save the .reg file to
    somewhere you will be able to find it (Root of C:\ for me)

6) Log off your temp Windows account, and log back in under your
    normal Windows account that was giving you the error.

7) Open regedit again, and then go to File | Import and pick the file
    that was exported.

8) After it says that it was successfully imported, go ahead and try
    the app that was giving you problems.

Now it should work, just like it did for me. Also, remember you delete
    the temp account that you created!!

Nope, doesn't work. But thanks for trying. Any other suggestions?

Well, it worked for me for awhile (longer than a reboot), but has quit working. I have going through these steps every week or so, but it is getting tedious.

So, this is only a temporary fix if it works.

just create new account(full control), from there, you can use MS office. No need to go regedit! that may cause something to your pc. I had the same problem but creating a new account solved it.as easy as that!

You need to replace the "MSO.DLL" file that is in here located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11 for Office 2003 and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12 for Office 2007

you can download hacked mso.dll from here, enjoy
    Code:
    hotfile.com/dl/37858255/20ed44c/mso.rar.html

i had the same problem on microsoft office 2007 and i found this video that helped me fixed the problem watch the video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc5uuTBWAo4

@gladtohelp thanks for posting my link that is giving me the most views on my video and yes i am the owner of that video

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    try to go to the registry by clicking on start; run and typing regedit.

expand Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\

righ click and select permissions

Give full control permissions to everyone (add "everyone2 if you do not
    have it there)

Click on advance and tick replace permission entries on all child objects

click on Ok twice and close registry

restart PC
    Hi Manuel,

Your solution worked perfectly for me in 2011 for Office 2003 on Windows Vista, SP1. My copy was an "original" as it came with the laptop when I bought it.

P.S. I tried all the other options given here in this thread and they did not work.

Here I have little information which helps you to solve your problem. First just remove the office completely from your PC. After that, edit and modify the registry by following below steps:
    1. First Click on Start, and after that click Run.
    2. In the Run box, enter regedit, and after that just click on OK.
    3. In the left side of the Registry Editor, place the following key:
    4. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
    5. In the left panel, right-click 10.0 below the Office folder, and after that click Delete.
    6. On the File menu, click Exit.

After doing this, just delete the office files from the system drive and after that reinstall the office.

You have by chance a hacked version of office? If so copy the mso.dll from crack to %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12 than overwrite.