Thread: Error installer cannot update 1 or more protected windows files

Error installer cannot update 1 or more protected windows files

I have a Office 2007 Ultimate edition. I had bought the retail dvd. When I run the setup I am getting a error that that the installer cannot update one or more protected windows file. I checked inside Event log about the error. I found a msi file which as causing the issue. It was some rosebudmui.msi and the error code listed was 603(0x643). It looks some kind of corrupt file. How can I fix the error.

It looks like a virus issue to me. Try to scan your system first and then run the setup. If it is a new disc then this type of error must not appear. Try to run the setup in admin mode only. Because if you are low on privileges then you might not be able to perform the setup.

From where you got that disc. You got that on a very cheap rate. There can be some missing files inside that disk which is causing the problem. And somehow it is not fair to search for that download file and replace it. Try to run the setup in different account if you have with admin rights. The error simply states that the setup lacks permission for performing setup and overwriting windows files.

re: Error installer cannot update 1 or more protected windows files

Don't worry. Just go to control panel, select add remove programs, select add/remove windows components, install internet information services.

This is enough. Just restart your PC and install Office 2007. This will solve your problem. Enjoy!

The Error occured while installing microsoft office 2007 on windows xp SP2. The error was "installer cannot update 1 or more protected windows files"
    The solution is just install IIS and select all options in details, while installing IIS.

Just restart PC & install Office 2007. That's it. The problem is solved.

Excellent!
    After installation of IIS, I can install Office 2007 or Off 2010 without problem!

Thank you very much, Mulaysunjay!