| || |
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: set up not working while installing ms office 2010
First of all cut & paste is not the process of moving installed softwares to any different drives. Anyways, here is the solution:
Originally Posted by MahaGuru
I can understand your problem, I would like to tell you some steps To resolve this issue, verify the data of value for Application Data in the registry. For this, follow the steps in the system that applies to your operating system.
If you are using for Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
- Click on Start button then in the Start Search box you have to type regedit.exe.
- In the list of programs, right-click on regedit.exe, and then click option Run as administrator. In case it demands for an administrator password or for verification, type the password or click Continue to give verification.
- Now click registry sub key
- HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- In the information pane of Registry Editor, place and right-click AppData, and then click Modify.
- In the box of Value data, type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming, and then click on OK.
Close Registry Editor Window.
Now run the install button of Microsoft Office 2010 and check. Hope it will work for you.
For more info on this error, check out this: Microsoft Office 2010 setup not working