Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

set up not working while installing ms office 2010

Office Setup

Old 27-11-2011

set up not working while installing ms office 2010

hi, i had ms office already installed in drive c. recently i cut & paste this software in drive e, i was unable to open it after. so, i uninstalled it and while reinstalling i got this message 'set up not working'. pls help

Old 15-12-2011

Re: set up not working while installing ms office 2010

First of all cut & paste is not the process of moving installed softwares to any different drives. Anyways, here is the solution:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahaGuru View Post
I can understand your problem, I would like to tell you some steps To resolve this issue, verify the data of value for Application Data in the registry. For this, follow the steps in the system that applies to your operating system.
If you are using for Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
  1. Click on Start button then in the Start Search box you have to type regedit.exe.
  2. In the list of programs, right-click on regedit.exe, and then click option Run as administrator. In case it demands for an administrator password or for verification, type the password or click Continue to give verification.
  3. Now click registry sub key
  4. HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
  5. In the information pane of Registry Editor, place and right-click AppData, and then click Modify.
  6. In the box of Value data, type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming, and then click on OK.
Close Registry Editor Window.
Now run the install button of Microsoft Office 2010 and check. Hope it will work for you.

For more info on this error, check out this:
Microsoft Office 2010 setup not working
Old 10-01-2014

You are trying to run the setup through a damage setup file. You have to re-download the same. If you are having a license copy then still you can activate the trail edition of Office 2010, which you can download from Microsoft site. I did this last time when I was not able to install Office 2007 on my system. It was crashing instantly when I am trying to install the same. I had did various things but it did not worked. AT last I had downloaded a fresh setup file from the official site and ran the setup. I applied my key on that and it was unlocked to full edition.
Old 11-01-2014

You said that you had moved the file to different folder. And this was the setup file of Office 2010. The file can be damaged due to bad sectors. There can be different programs which can become unstable as time goes on. Launch cmd and run chkdsk for each specific drive. You can also use Disk Defragmentation to find the same. I also think if you can find the right setup file then this issue can be resolved. It does not matter if you are running a trial setup or any other CD you can use your license key to activate the same to full edition.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: ,