Thread: How to sync Windows Mobile 7 with Outlook 2010

How to sync Windows Mobile 7 with Outlook 2010

I have bought a new phone which is running Windows Mobile 7 operating system. There is no problem for using this phone but I want to sync this phone with an Outlook 2010 which I have installed on my Windows XP machine. Zune is providing support for the pictures, video, and music but not the Microsoft Outlook. Is there anyway by which I can sync up my Windows phone with the local Outlook installed on my machine. I want to sync my contacts which would be very much useful for me anytime.

Re: How to sync Windows Mobile 7 with Outlook 2010

Even I am facing the similar problem as you have with your windows 7 phone . After waiting the release of Windows Mobile 7 and learned that it does not sync with Outlook (!!!), I just bought the HTC HD2. Problem is that it does not sync with the calendar (the contacts were transferred from Outlook on the phone)
    I have read that there are problems due to the versions of Microsoft Office (32 or 64 bit) but I do not know which is on my pc. I don't believe this that version can create any such problems.

Actually there are very few Windows 7 Phone users who all are not able to sync up their phone with the outlook. Actually MS Office 2010 and Windows Phone 7, both are the latest versions so their no question for the incompatibility between both of them as both the things has been made by the Microsoft. I guess it might happen that the versions of an operating system which you have installed on your machine can cause such problem. Actually if you have installed the Office 2010 64 bit version on your 32 bit version Windows Machine then it is obvious that it is not gonna support all the things that it can support on the 64 bit Windows Operating system. I suggest you to check about the same and then see that is there any such issue on your machine or not. If you want to check the version of your MS Office then you have to go to the Help Menu on any Office Application there you may find out the version of the application.

Completely true....I have presently bought a HTC Trophy which has a Windows Mobile 7 OS mainly to sync with my home version of Outook 2010 which is a 32bit version installed on a computer with Windows 7 which is 64bit and its a calamity. I have plenty of contacts and an intensive calendar and its hopeless now with this Windows Mobile 7 system. I hardly ever use hotmail because I have my individual IMAP email account. If Microsoft is not gonna fix this issue then maybe I have to throw this phone in gutter, it’s worthless for me. It would much better to stick with my old broken phone which at least sync easily.

Indeed, the management software Zune media took over and now takes over the work of synchronization between Windows and PC Phone Windows. Zune is well designed, pleasant and less capricious than iTunes and is more user friendly, but it can synchronize the media files, including photos, videos and music. Exit then sync the calendar, contacts, tasks and notes, so vital and familiar to all professionals who use a smartphone, not just Windows Mobile. In fact, with Windows 7 Phone if you want to synchronize your Outlook data, you must now subscribe to an account Exchange . It pays, complicated and not really suited to individuals or self-employed. And besides, even with an Exchange account you cannot sync everything, but only calendar and contacts. Exit Notes and Tasks for now ... Not cool. We need to go through another solution, and fortunately, it exists. To synchronize its calendar and contacts between Outlook and Windows 7 Phone, you must install a small module (or plugin or extension) on Outlook. This module is called Outlook Connector Hotmail.

The recommended workaround from Microsoft is to install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, then add your Hotmail account and transfer your contacts into the Hotmail Contacts folder.

Once you've set the account details into your phone, this will sync contacts etc for you.

A quick fix is to export your Outlook contacts to CSV, then import into the Hotmail account - this syncs with the phone, but has to be done on a regular basis to keep everything up to date.
    I'd rather that than drag everything out of Outlook into a different account.