Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Have MS Office 2007 product key, No disk drive, Need download URL

Office Setup

Old 14-04-2010

Have MS Office 2007 product key, No disk drive, Need download URL

Am stuck with very critical problem. I was having a Genuine Office 2007 Disk with product keys that is already running on my Windows Vista based laptop. Now due to some problem in the system I need to reformat the entire hard drive. The problem is I lost my Office 2007 disk but I have the product keys stored somewhere else. So I want to download MS Office Small Business 2007 web or Microsoft sites and want to activate with the keys I have with me. Is that possible ? if yes, please someone provide me the download URL. Thank you

Old 14-04-2010

Sorry friend but I donít think that will work because afaik Product keys are intended for a particular product and can be used with the same only. Now though your case is genuine, you lost the CD but having the product key. I will suggest you to talk / email to Microsoft and explain them the same. They might send you the replacement for the lost disk. Probably it should be free but if they charge as well, it should be very low.
Old 14-04-2010

Well if you need the download URL, here it is for the Small Business 2007 http://www.microsoft.com/office/down...s/Default.aspx but let me tell you that I have a strong doubt if it will work with the license key you have with your somewhere because this is a retail version. And I guess you might be having VLK, OEM or MLK versions of Office.

So, instead of downloading such a huge file, or getting replacement or emailing/calling Microsoft Folks, you should simply try out simply fixing your system (if possible) without reformatting.
Old 20-08-2010

re: Have MS Office 2007 product key, No disk drive, Need download URL

I need help too with the same problem. Although, I did go to the link http://www.microsoft.com/office/down...s/Default.aspx and clicked the "download" button, the next page came up, but nothing happened. No download manager came up. I turned off all of the pop-up blockers (I think)..... What next???

Also, I am sending a message this way because I am new and cannot figure out how to post my own message??!!!

Sorry...
Old 20-08-2010

re: Have MS Office 2007 product key, No disk drive, Need download URL

Actually my problem is I had work done on my computer and the Tech. had to take out all of my programs. When I use my Microsoft Office Student Edition program disk, it will not boot and install. I have installed a new program of another type and it opened fine. I tried someone else s Office program disc
and tried to enter my Product Key number, but that did not work, would not accept, said was wrong product key number

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , , ,