Thread: How can i get this ? File: A2561405.CAB

How can i get this ? File: A2561405.CAB

I bought a new gateway desktop pc running with Windows Xp. It came with a Trail Office 2003 that I removed and bought a new Office 200 with license. Now the problem is whenever I am trying to install it, setup wizard gives me an error stating “unable to find A2561405.CAB”. I tried searching this file on my entire system including the disk but dint found it anywhere. Any help please ?

You need to search your system buddy. Because it is the office installation and it use to be right into your CD. Actually it is a hidden file on your disk hence you dint got in search. What you can do is Open Windows Explorer, go to organize and make it show hidden files and folders. Now search your CD drive. You must find it right there. Once found copy the file and save it somewhere on your desktop. Now run the setup, when you been asked for the missing file, show point it to the CD drive and the particular folder where it is located.

Reason for missing file A2561405.CAB

The reason so many of you are missing this file, is because MicroSoft put a virus into the install and when your AV/Security suite runs against copies you have made to one of your computers, the AV suite sees the infection and deletes or quarantines this file.

If your AV uses quarantine, then the file is still there, but with diff name, so check your AV log, so you can restore.

Also this is why backups are so important, and you must follow the rule that a backup must be performed immediately after any install or significant copy to the disk. Then you can go back through your backup logs and find the last good backup copy that has your file. Of course if backup logging is optional in your backup utility, you must have it "on", or if your backup tool does not have logging, you need to find a new backup tool, with logging.

Also for your own protection, go to the command prompt, nav to the Office Install directory, where you copied the CD, and run:

dir *.* /s /b > filelog.txt

which will record all the files, with paths, on the CD copy. You then know where to restore any missing files as you have the documented path.
    Last edited by TBotNik; 15-09-2010 at 01:39 AM.