Thread: Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Office title bar

Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Office title bar

I recently bought a new Windows 7 laptop that came preloaded with Office 2007 Trail. But as I don’t want to wait for 90 days and use this trail, I bought a Office 2007 Professional DVD with product key, and installed it on my laptop without removing the Trail version. Well, there was no problem in the installation and it went smoothly. Now the problem here is whenever I open outlook, there is phrase written In the title bar “Non Commercial Use”. I know it only comes with the Trail and not with full version. So I went to Add and Remove programs but unfortunately there was no entry for trial version. Only Office Professional is listed.

Now I want to know how can I remove this phrase from my outlook ? Note, it is only with outlook and no other apps. So I thought I could remove it by re-installing office but that will make take my outlook pst backup, reinstall office and restore pst and add all 10 email accounts again. That is very long and hectic process. Is there any other easier way to do what I am trying to do ? Please help.

Re: Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Office title bar

I am not sure but as far as I know Uninstalling or re-installing Office don’t effects your Outlook Profile or data. Hence you should go for the same but still, for the safe side, take the backup. And if it dint worked, than you have no other choice than re-installing the same. Go to Add and Remove programs, uninstall Office. Also don’t forget to remove Activation Assistant. This is what removes the Non Commercial Use phrase.

Re: Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Office title bar

Help appreciated buddy. Will surely give it a try. Hope it wont effect my Outlook profile. This is the only reason I wanted to avoid re-installation but as you said there is no choice, I’ll go for it and get back here.