Thread: Groove will not uninstall

Groove will not uninstall

I had installed 32bit Vista on my laptop. It is some enterprise edition installed and it looks to be working fine. When I turn of my system I am getting a error on screen about Microsoft Groove. The error is associated with file save error. I tried to re-install that but the error still exist. So I thought to first completely remove it and then re-install the same back again. But due to some reason it is not getting out of my system. I removed the system tray icon and even ended Groove process from Task Manager. The un-installation did not worked at all here.

Re: Groove will not uninstall

If the setup is halted then it means some application related to that is running in the background or simply some file is using it. You need to end up it completely or the un-installation will not work. Go on Task Manager and check one more time. Go on msconfig and check the startup. Choose the Groove related application there and ensure that you had disabled ample of them on startup. Second you can also try to remove it Safe Mode. In Safe Mode minimum services are running and you can remove it from there.

If you are unable to install the same then try Office installation disc. Insert the disc and from the installation menu choose repair first. Then uninstall it through that disc only. It will auto-terminated the applications instances in your system and it is going to work quiet well. If still this does not work then take your data backup and simply format your system.