Thread: Cannot uninstall Office 2007 due to corrupt file

Cannot uninstall Office 2007 due to corrupt file

I am using a trial edition of Microsoft Office 2007. I keep on getting error related to the removal. I had downloaded this a month also. The trial has expired and now I want to remove this completely. But when I uninstall it through Control Panel, I am getting error and it fails. It is looking for some missing file. Recently I had not made any changes to the system. How can I fix this. Thanks.

I was too having the same issue. I installed Office 2007 but failed to remove it. It was already expired some months ago. When I try to remove it I was getting a installation failure error. To fix the same I installed the trail edition again and then removed it. It worked. Office was properly removed.

re: Cannot uninstall Office 2007 due to corrupt file

There are some uninstallers available on the web. You can use them to get rid of unwanted programs. Those uninstallers are best to cleanup those programs which have missing files.

re: Cannot uninstall Office 2007 due to corrupt file

Hi Guys,
    Why do I feel that you are simply licking the surface, as I am pondering my intellectual misery? (Caused by Microsoft).
    My laptop was stolen and recovered, and during those ungodly days (= me AVOL) somebody screwed Office. (2007 Enterprise). I could not re-anything, and turned out could not uninstall either. (Installer corrupt.) I followed some smart links to uninstall all the msi files of 2007. Then I tried to reinstall and it failed claiming that the .xml file (null) was missing.
    That was a bummer, Google only finds explanations what the file is, but not how to fix such error.
    Comes Bummer II.
    Then I go to my directory, and see that I have an G:Office 12 - meaning it is in a virtual partition, some mobile DVD or whatever the properties called it, but when I got to "empty this", that is grayed out.
    Then I clicked on this Office folder and to my most intense astonishment, that started a regular install session. I was afraid to go along, because if it fails again, then I have an hour's deleting again of all the tricky msi files to get back to this point.
    So,
    1./ what is this business with G: ?
    2./ is that xml error somehow because my install disk is intermingling with this install?
    3./ I downloaded Total uninstall 5 - it lists 1 remaining grayed out Office - can not do more with it.
    4./ If I can manage to delete the folders in this Office 12 one by one, then I will still end up with the virtual partition, that by the way does not show up as a partition in My Computer, only in the directory tree.
    Or should I not be concerned with that, since the new install would create it anyway?
    5./ In short: So what do I do?
    Now that's what I call a question.
    Thank for any help in andvance.