Thread: Error 1327 Invalid drive e:\

Error 1327 Invalid drive e:\

I was running a Windows Vista system with Office Enterprises 2007 installed. Everything was working fine. Couple of days ago I upgraded the system to Windows 7 and since then whenever I open MS Word it stuck for few minutes with error “Configuring Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007”. Later when I cancel the message Word opens and prompts me to Repair. Again when I cancel it, word starts working fine. This problem occurs only with word and all other Office apps are working fine.

As I was frustrated with this procedure of opening word, I tried Repairing Word, but that dint worked, I simply reinstalled my entire Office but that dint worked too. Still getting the same error messages. If this could be because of some changes I made in my drive letters, than let me tell you that when I upgraded to Windows 7, system by default redesignated my two CD drives as E and F but later I changed it to F and G. So as of now there is no E in my system. Could this be related to the problem anyhow ?

Re: Error 1327 Invalid drive e:\

Well the problem should be fixed after repair or atleast uninstallation but as you said you are still facing it, seems very complicated. Well what I can suggest you at this point is you should try contacting Microsoft guys. If you don’t know, Microsoft provides Free Phone Support for Office Enterprises users. They can assist you better with this complicated situation. You can get their phone numbers and email addresses here http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/