Thread: Office 2007 Install Failure: Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab

Office 2007 Install Failure: Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab

I am having an Acer laptop running with Windows XP Pro SP3. Yesterday bought a Office Pro 2007 and trying to install since then but every time it fails with an error message saying “Setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab”. I searched the file and found it in my CD.

I pointed the installation using the browse option to the folder but this time it says ‘Invalid location’. Again I clicked on browse button and pointed it to the specific folder, that is \Proofing.en-us but again it says invalid location.

Re: Office 2007 Install Failure: Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab

Probably this error occurs when you already have any other version or Trail version of Office installed on your system and trying to install purchased one prior uninstalling the earlier one. If this is the case, you can download Windows Installer Cleanup utility and remove all office instances you find. Restart laptop again and try installing Office 2007. Hopefully you wont be getting any more missing file error.

Alternatively you can also copy the entire CD content to a new folder on Desktop and try to run the setup file right form there.

hi,
    i had the same problem and it was driving me mad
    after searching through forums i found the solution is to download and install the free 60 day office trial first.
    once intalled, run the bought disk and it should install with no problems.
    good luck!
    adam

Adam you're awesome i have been trying to get this done for about two weeks and finally something simple, like cleaning the disk did the trick. thanks man! MS couldn't help kept sending me emails on forums i could not figure out. Thanks again willyouhelpme.

Installing office error, net problem n administrator required

That’s a very good suggestion Katherina, but there is a condition as well. You must need to run the installer as an Administrator, otherwise no matter you copy the source to your desktop folder or anywhere in the HDD, you may even get the missing file problems.

I had the same problem so I downloaded the trial version first from Microsoft. I still received the same error however, when I downloaded all updates, service packs, etc (may require several reboots), it finally worked. Hope this helps
    Dave