Thread: Office 2007 error Setup cannot find the required setup controller

Office 2007 error Setup cannot find the required setup controller

My pc is connected to a Domain/network. There was some problem in my system hence I re-installed windows by formatting the C drive completely. Now the problem is Office setup is saved on a Network drive and whenever I try to run the setup from there it gives me an error message saying “Setup cannot find the required setup controller file.” I tried to get some help from network admins but seems like they are out for few days and hence there’s no one to work on this. Can anyone here help me out fixing this error ?

Re: Office 2007 error Setup cannot find the required setup controller

Many problems with the 2007 Microsoft Office system can be solved only through a complete uninstall and reinstall. Frequently, but notes then that the same error still occurs. The complete removal of the 2007 Microsoft Office system setup does not really remove all files and registry entries. It is precisely the problem settings are usually saved and not reset when you reinstall. The solution is to free tools that Microsoft offers for 2007 Microsoft Office system.

The setup file is damaged. When you run a office setup it extract all the files in a temp folder from where it beginnings the copying process. In your cause a internal component of the entire setup file is damage and it is not going to move ahead unless you get the proper setup. The first thing you can do is download a fresh installation files of Office on your system. Check that there must be no error at the time of downloading. Then go ahead with setup. Also check that you are doing the same in Administrator account. This will not produce any errors.

Using a third party windows uninstaller will fix the issue. The first thing you have to do with that is remove the existing program from your system. The uinstaller will wipe out everything. I am using Revo uninstaller here. This tool is awesome to remove things. Then you can run a good cleaning software to wipe out all unwanted files from your system. And then install it back. This is the only way to get rid of issue. You can try running system restore first before going with removing tool. Some left damage file in the system cause this kind of error.