Thread: pror.ww\osetup.dll does not validate or is not present

pror.ww\osetup.dll does not validate or is not present

I am having a multi licensed Office Professional 2007 copy, which can be installed upto 3 times. I have already installed this on two PCs yesterday and now when am trying to install it on the last (3rd) PC, it says “pror.ww\osetup.dll does not validate or is not present”. Surprisingly there is no other option except “OK”. When I click OK, the installer quits.

Please help.

Re: pror.ww\osetup.dll does not validate or is not present

You may get surprised after knowing that there are millions of people facing this problem. There are very less possibilities but still after installing it on 2 pcs, a CD may get damaged or scratches that is preventing the setup file this time to find the required dll file. Hence you should try copying the entire CD content to a new folder on your C or D drive anywhere and try running the setup from the root of this folder. It may help.

You should also always take a back up of your CDs and DVDs when you get them for the first time because once it gets damaged or scratches, starts giving such problems.

Thanks for the help friend. I copied my both disk to a folder and tried running setup from there. But that doesn’t seems to be working for me. I found the file in s subfile called PROR.WW. But don’t know why setup is not able to read it.

What else can I try ?

First of all I doubt whether you have Office Professional. Because as far as I know professional is allowed upto 2 license, its Home and Student that can be installed upto three systems.