Thread: set up cannot find excel.en-us\excelLR.cab

set up cannot find excel.en-us\excelLR.cab

Having very short query guys, am trying to install Office Home and Student 2007 but my system keeps showing me error saying “setup cannot find excel.en-us\excelLR.cab”. tried running the setup various times but every time the same error. No matter what I do, am not able to pass this message. How can I fix it ?

Is this the re-installation or installing for the first time? if it is first, have you uninstalled the trail version as well as Activation Assistant prior installing Home and Student ? Also many times certain resident virus or firewalls protection can create problem in installation. Try to installing after disabling them.

Re: Office Home and Student

Thanks for your help friend but this is a re-installation. I was using it comfortably since past 6 months but suddenly due to some reason I needed to re-install my computer and now when trying to install, getting this problem. As you suggested I tried disabling antivirus and all but yet the error says “Set up cannot find Excel.en-us\excelLR.cab’.

Isn’t there any way I can download this file separately from internet? I tried searching for the same on Microsoft sites but dint found it anywhere. Any further help please ?

Re: set up cannot find excel.en-us\excelLR.cab

Make sure if you have microsoft works you have set that up.

Re: set up cannot find excel.en-us\excelLR.cab

I have the same problem installing Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student on a HP. It cannot find file Excel.en-us/ExcelLR.cab

file ExcelLR.cab actually exists in folder Excel.en-us. It does not have the extension .cab, however. It is a cabinet file, so it seems to be the right file. I copied the CD to a folder on the hard disk, renamed the file to ExcelLR.cab but it still will not find it. Any suggestions?