Thread: Office 2007 Basic....need reinstall after HDD reformat

Office 2007 Basic....need reinstall after HDD reformat

I am stuck in a complicated situation. I was using Office Basic 2007 that came pre-installed with my Dell laptop. 2 days ago my hard drive crashed suddenly and was not able to boot properly. Hence I need to reformat and install Vista again. Now the problem is I don’t have the Installation disk of the Office Basic that came with my laptop.

Is it possible that I can download the same from internet and use it again on my same laptop ?

Re: Office 2007 Basic....need reinstall after HDD reformat

You said you don’t have the installation CD, well, do you have the Product key with you ? If not than I guess your system would have came with TRAIL version and you cannot use it any more. And if you have the product key than you should have got the disk as well with your system. If you lost it somewhere than you should call your vendor or Dell.

Thanks for the help IRVING, and I know the difference in Full and Trail version. Am using this laptop since a year and I don’t think any trail will work so long. Anyways, Yes, I have the product key with me. I saved it on my mail in the start itself.

Now can you please suggest if I can get the office installation package somewhere ? Thanks again.

Can you please tell if your laptop was supplied 'Office ready' with Medialess License Key (MLK) office installation? If yes, than you can simply download or burn your backup disks from the MLK site.

For more information you should call Dell or visit this site http://www.microsoft.com/office/back...s/default.mspx

Wow, thanks friend. I appreciate the download MS Office site, haven't seen that before so will give it a try.