Thread: Unable to open Outlook Scanpst.exe

Unable to open Outlook Scanpst.exe

Outlook was quiet working fine on my system. It is almost a year I had not faced any issue and things look to be performing well. Now suddenly I am facing some issue with Outlook in my system. It has stopped working. Whenever I try to open the file I am getting a error message on my screen.There is a file which is not proper and this is the outlook.pst. Now to fix that I am using inbox repair tool. When I had use Scanpst.exe Outlook stopped working completely. I cannot open it nor any error is on the screen.

It looks like some kind of serious bug with your system. Does the inbox repair tool give you any indication on your screen. And also when you are running it you must ensure that you use the right version. Or else this kind of issues are much common. Try to get a fresh version from web and then run the setup back again. You can manually copy the pst file and then do other modification. Because if something internally is affected you can restore the file back again.

Perform chkdsk in your system. That is a error checking system that offer you option to scan your files and fix them up. There are some troubleshooting tools that provide you option for fixing the inbox. Run chkdsk and then check back again. If that too dose not work then your internal pst is corrupt. You can copy those file to working system and check whether you are able to access the mails or not.

Re: Unable to open Outlook Scanpst.exe

Thank you, this has been really helpful in solving my issues.

leadelisa Guest

Re: Unable to open Outlook Scanpst.exe

When outlook scanpst.exe becomes corrupt then you cannot open this file in order to repair PST file. In such situation, if you are getting errors or other problematic situations while opening scanpst.exe file then you need to reinstall this file on your system free scanpst.exe file download is available for you from authorized site of Microsoft.