Thread: product key for Office Ultimate 2007

product key for Office Ultimate 2007

I was using Office Ultimate 2007 since past 1 year on my Vista computer. Last week suddenly my HDD crashed and was unable to recover. So I took it to a technical shop and paid them to fix it. Now when it is back, am trying to install my Office Ultimate again but it is not accepting my Product keys anymore. Every time I try entering the keys it says it accepts no 0 or O's. This is first time I have seen such funny error. I mean, those letters are in my Product keys but my system is saying it wont accept, thought I activated it with the same keys a year ago.

Anyone please help me to get the product key on my original CD. Thank you.

Re: product key for Office Ultimate 2007

Is it still on the CD sticker only OR haven’t you saved it somewhere else ? I mean, I have my product keys saved in my Mail. If you have saved it on your mail (the working one) you can just copy / paste from there.

You should also verify the keys again with magnifying glasses. Many times we make mistakes between O and 0, and similar with B and 8.

RE: product key for Office Ultimate 2007

Thanks for the help buddy but I haven’t saved it anywhere else. It is right on my CD..and without any damage. I can see the numbers very clearly. Also not making mistakes with the letters you mentioned above. Any other suggestions ?

M Guest
    Just a thought, have you tried inputting the code with All Caps on?
    Recheck the numbers to make sure you are inputting the right ones by
    having someone else read them to you while you look at what you've inputted.

You're not using the Product code from the computer case, are you?

Just few tips.

First: Try putting all codes in Capslock mode. Not sure but can work.

Second: Download any Key Finder program such as Magical JellyBean and run it. Your earlier installed Office might have still left the product keys somewhere in the registry. This program will help you locate the same if it is still there.

Third: I think earlier installed version of office suit is creating some conflict with the new installation. Hence I would suggest you to check Add and remove if there is any Office Program listed. If it is there, remove it. Then run Disk Cleanup Wizard and delete each file you see related to office. Restart the computer and then try to install Office Ultimate again. This time it should accept the product the keys.

For more help, checkout this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us