Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

uninstall trial version of Microsoft Office Professional

Office Setup

Old 06-02-2009

uninstall trial version of Microsoft Office Professional

Couple of weeks ago I downloaded and installed Office 2007 Trail in my Vista based laptop (earlier it was running with Office 2003 Professional). Now I bought a Full version CD of Office 2007 Home and Student hence want to uninstall the TRAIL version but it is not allowing me to do so. Whenever I click on Uninstall button in Add and Remove program, it says thet installation has been corrupted and cannot be uninstalled. Somebody please help me out.

Old 06-02-2009

Re: uninstall trial version of Microsoft Office Professional

If the system is not allowing to uninstall the software from Add and Remove program manually, then you can better use a Microsoft Tool called “Windows Installer Cleanup Utility”. Just download, install, run and select each files related Office 12 and click remove. Later run disk cleanup and clear temporary files. Restart the computer and try installing the purchased office suite.

Also refer to this Microsoft Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us
Old 02-04-2010

Re: uninstall trial version of Office Professional

Yeah, you need to remove it using the cleanup tool. Also don’t forget to uninstall Activation Assistant as well otherwise it will give you various errors during the new installation and activation process.

As you said you were not able to remove TRIAL from control panel add/remove program, see this, describing the same problem with solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , , , , ,