Thread: Product Key doesn't work

Product Key doesn't work

My desktop was running with Office 2007 trail, about a week ago I bought a new Office 2007 Student edition with product key and installed the same. I dint faced any problem during the installation, even I entered the product key. Later when I opened WORD, it still says it is a Trail version. I tried opening any all Office programs and got the same thing. Now I don’t know what to do and obviously I don’t have $49 to spend for contacting Microsoft Support.

Somebody please help me.

Re: Product Key doesn't work

You should have totally uninstalled the Trail version before installing the purchased one. Just download Windows installer cleanup tool and remove all Office applications you get in the list. Once done, restart the PC and try to install the Office Student. It should work.

I’m having a similar problem guys. Though I removed the Trail version, my Office installation is not accepting the Product key. Another problem that seems to me is my Product key shows only 14 digit whereas I guess it should be 25digit, right ? Then how and why did I got 14 digit only ? Somebody please help.

I guess you are making some mistake dude. From where you taking the keys ? I guess you are not taking it from Certificate of Authenticity. If am right then that is not the product key. The office keys use to be in 5 groups of 5 digits
    and that should be on orange sticker that came with your installation disk.

That is the Windows Product key friend, and not for Office. If you don’t have the keys on the CD than better call the vendor from where you bought disk.