Thread: Installing Office

Installing Office

It is my brand new laptop came with Vista and Office 2007 60 days trail. I was trying to install Office Enterprises 2007 full install. Whenever I run the setup it fails with an error saying something “can't find a file Publisher.en-us\PubLR.cab” along with a browse option for a valid installation source. I searched for the files and found it on my CD. Hence I clicked the browse button and pointed to it my CD drive but this time it says ‘Invalid location’.

Am tired doing all these things. Can anyone help me getting rid of this annoying error? Thank you.

Re: Installing Office

You must always totally uninstall all Trail versions along with Activation Assistant before installing the Paid Office version. If you haven’t tried it yet, do it now. Remove Trail Office from Add and Remove program, then run Disk Cleanup Utility, reboot the system and start Office Enterprises Installation. It should work.

Furthermore, as it is Enterprises Edition, you can take help from your IT department of Microsoft offers free Phone Support for Enterprises users. You can call them as well.

Me too running out with the same problems. Though I am not so techie in computers but have bit experience in installing or removing softwares. My new desktop came with Office 2007 Trial pre-installed. First I tried installing Office Professional 07 without removing the trial and faced errors of missing files.

Later, As you said I did the same thing, uninstalled Trail and tried installing Office professional again but yet the same problem. Now what I can do to stop these errors. Please help.

Hello HAYES,

Just removing office from Add and Remove is not enough. You must uninstall it completely because though we remove it from control panel, it still leave some registry entries that conflicts while purchased office suite. Hence you should check out this KB Article to know how to remove it completely: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218. Also dont forget to run Disk Cleanup and select each files related to Trail version to be removed. Even you should clean the temp files and reboot the system before installing new Office Suite.