Thread: PRO11.msi file Missing, No CD, cant reinstall

Frome where can I download PRO11.MSI

I am trying to run Security Update for Microsoft Office Pro 2003. I am getting a error in between. It promoted to run pro11.msi file. I had kept a copy of Office 2003 CD on my drive. But it is not taking it from there. I had manually provided the way to locate the same, still it prompt for the file. Does anyone knows any place from where I can download the file and run the Security Update. I think if once this file is provided, I can apply the security update without facing any error in system. Thanks.

Yes it looks once you can provide the file the update can be applied. Check the below link. The link offers you some steps to find a missing .msi files. The link has proper listing of files that you are talking about. This issue can be fixed instantly if you try to run the setup back again through Office 2003 disc. And if that is not working then you can try to find a alternate solution for that. There are chances that more than one file is missing in the system. Read the below link and try the steps mentioned over there.

re: Frome where can I download PRO11.MSI

The problem can be fixed by running a Repair setup of Office. For that go in Control Panel. In that click on Add/Remove Program and then go to Microsoft Office. There you can see a Change button. Click on that. Now click on Repair and click next. The tool will find any related missing files of Office and fix the setup. Then once the repair process is fine and does not give any error, run the update process back again. If possible try to arrange Office setup CD from anywhere. This is a tiny issue which an be restored once you find the file back.

Still I am on the same error. I am too getting issue while applying Office security update. It is not working at all and everytime when I run the update it gives the same missing file error. I had kept the Office installation cd with me. I had used that but still the error appears. It looks that the file is blocked by sometime security application. I had contacted Microsoft for the issue, but it looks they will take time for the answer. There was another error that I received while doing this. Was related to some installer database issue. I had re-installed office back again. The problem lies mostly with the updates. If the update is not so important I can ignore that.

It looks that Windows installer is the cause of this issue. The configuration is failed due to missing file or some improper permission settings. Try to run the update back in Admin mode. That will help you some way. I had downloaded that file from web. It is not Microsoft but a other download side. When the error appeared back again I had provided the location and it was fine. The update was installed. I hope the file is safe to use and will not create any other major issue in my system.

PRO11.msi file Missing, No CD, cant reinstall

Me too having the same problem, it was my older version of Office 2003 every time I use to get Pro11.msi file is missing. I lost its CD already hence was unable to fix it. So bought a new Office 2003, uninstalled earlier office from Add and Remove program and tried installing the new one from the CD. But the installation fails and gives me the same error “missing pro11.msi file”.

Why is that so, I mean this problem was associated with older office and now am trying to install office form a completely different CD. Still the same problem ? Please help someone.

That file use to be right in the installation CD itself. You just need to point the installation to this file location when you get any such missing file error. But before that when you remove any earlier office version, make sure to remove it completely including its registry keys or else they will conflict with the new set up. And this is why you are getting the same error with new CD as well.

Simply start the Disk Cleanup Wizard and deleted every file you find about office 2003. Once done, restart the pc and try installing the new one. Hopefully you wont be getting that error any more.

Has there been a solid answer to this question yet? I have the same problem. However that link to MS offices webpage does not help because I don no have the original cd. I guess if no one csn say where to download the same pro11.msi folder, does anyone know what the pro11 file is renamed to when this problem occurs? It went from accepting some updates for my office 2003 (yes its a legit copy of office), to now I cannot even open excel, word. Is it hidden and named something else? Did it vanish? It it a registry setting?
    Thanks guys

If you are unable to find the PRO11.MSI then let me tell you that this file is hidden and you can get it on the MSOCache folder which is hidden. So first unhide all the folder from the Tools menu and then to check for the PRO11.MSI file into the MSOCache in your drive. I hope this will help you with the same. For more help regarding missing file you should visit here.

Thank you but Ive already made all my files unhidden, done searches in hidden files etc... I dont have any Pro11.MSI file and dont have a MSOCache folder... well i searchd files and folders but still. I really think it was renamed. The weird things is 2 possible points should be pointed out.
    1. About 6 months ago my image on my laptop had a ton of corrupt files but more so bad clusters. Luckily (sort of) I had backed up my image back about a year ago through ghost. So after trying to repair my cluster issue (at the time thinking it was a virus deleting files), I finally decided to drop the image from a year ago back down onto my existing laptop. Now since then I have had not one problem running my office 2003 apps. Ive used excel and word numerous times. I cannot remember if i tried using microsoft office windows update since then. But again, it worked fine.
    2. Yesterday I got my pop up which Im supposed to get, telling me there are windows updates. I sorted through them and selected the office 2003 updates. I did notice some 2007 updates because on the old image before my laptop broke 6 months ago, I had 2007 office on there. However, it wasnt on the image and I had no idea where the cd was. So I just stuck with the 2003 updates. Anyway, during the install of the updates, all of the 2003 updates asked to be pointed to the Pro11.MSI file to properly install... I dont have the cd remember, and it was last dropped from my entire windows image. Therefore I had to cancel all 2003 updates.
    Well since then I cannot access ANY of my office apps. Excel, Word, all of them except oultook begins to load (yet looks like its installing and configuring for the first time) and then asks for the PRO11 file again. Without it I cannot even run the apps anymore. What can I do? If no one can tell me where to get a replacement file, can someone share what the name of the file is now called when windows or whatever caused this?
    By the way, no adaware or any deletion type programs have ran in a long time. So nothing like that could have deleted it.

I am not able to understand that what is the difficulty with that but if you want then you can use the portable MS office and check if that is working well for you. There is no need to install that on your computer. You can simply search for this on google and download it. After this, double click that and this will show the ms office icon within system tray. Right click on that and choose the application which you want.