Thread: Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user.

Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user.

I am using Windows XP Professional with Office Processional 2003 and I’m the one and only Administrator of this system. The problem is installed this Office about a week ago, it worked well for a week and now when am trying to open Word, it gives me and error saying

“The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support. When this software was installed, you (or your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls”

I thought to fix this by repairing the Office using Office 2003 installation CD but that to gets stuck In between with the following error:

"Microsoft [Program_name] has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application"

While searching web for any solution regarding this I came through a KB KB898512 that says we need to change some permission in Opa11.dat filt . Well I tried doing that as well but that dint helped me. Atlast I did a complete re-install in hope that it will be fixed but surprisingly that too dint worked.

Any suggestions ?

Re: Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the currentuser.

I have been through this issue earlier as well and yet searching for its permanent solution. As of now, after lots of workaround, I came through a temporary solution that helped me to get rid of this frustration, but just temporarily.

A guy told me to create another user account, then we need to import some registries in the original account. And later when we open any office programs in new user account. But the problem is we get the same error yet in the older account.

Need some permanent fix for the same.

Re: Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current u

Even I have faced exactly the same error messages long years ago. Finally I managed to fix it permanently on my Office 2003. Here is what I did in my case:

• Log in with your original Administrator account where you were getting these errors.
    • Open Windows Explorer, click on Tools and go to Folder Options.
    • Click on View tab and Check mark the box for “Show hidden files and folders.”
    • Now uncheck the “Hide extensions for known file types” box and click OK.
    • Now navigate to the following location:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
    • here you will find the file Opa11.dat, right-click the same and select properties.
    • Go to Security tab, click Advanced, click the Permissions tab.
    • Here select everyone in the Permission entries list, click Edit.
    • Now select the Full Control check box and click OK, OK, OK.

That’s it now see if you get the error any more. If this dint resolves your problem than go to that location again and simply delete the Opa11.dat and restart Office 2003 program

Re: Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user.

I faced these errors on my Vista computer with Off2003. Tried installation, uninstallation multiple times but nothing helped. Finally I found a solution on a site that says just to delete all office shortcuts from Start menu as well as from Desktops. Later go to the installation folder (in my case it was C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12). Here right click on every application’s exe file, for example winword.exe, excel.exe, etc, select properties, go to compatibility tab. And check mark "Run this program as Administrator" box.

That’s it. Click on the application and it will start and work properly. If you want you can create new shortcuts from the .exe files you just changed and they should now work. I liked this solution because here I don’t need to play with any registry key.

Thanks for the step Hockson, but it doesn’t seems to be working in my case. It is Vista Ultimate 32bit laptop and my Office suit is Ultimate 2007. When I go to the compatibility tab, I’m not able to select 'run as administrator'.

Hello! I am running windows 7 and I have a problem with microsoft office 2007. when i open an office document i get the following error Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user.please run setup to instal application. what should i do? please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by irinageana View Post
    Hello! I am running windows 7 and I have a problem with microsoft office 2007. when i open an office document i get the following error Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user.please run setup to instal application. what should i do? please help me!
    Just go through the below article and try out the solution that has been mentioned for the error that you are getting and see if the issue is getting solve or not.
    You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA
    there i have OPA11.(other extension) w** ??

Quote Originally Posted by SurD1 View Post
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA
    there i have OPA11.(other extension) w** ??
    I did not understood what you are trying to say by the above thing, can you just elaborate the issue so that i can have a better idea of it and will try top help you with the same.

in this folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data" you need to delete file "Opa11.dat" but i have OPA11.(and here is another extension i don't have .dat but another exstension) and i have
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA" with capital letters.

Quote Originally Posted by SurD1 View Post
    in this folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data" you need to delete file "Opa11.dat" but i have OPA11.(and here is another extension i don't have .dat but another exstension) and i have
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA" with capital letters.
    If you are not having .dat extension that what is it???