Thread: Office Pro 2007 Not Installed For Current User

Office Pro 2007 Not Installed For Current User

Need some urgent help. I was facing some problem with excel (it was crashing). When I went to few forums, at one forum I guy suggested me to create a new temporary account and uninstall the office. Later I tried uninstalling and reinstalling that fixed the problem but only for about 2 days. Now when am trying to open any office program, it use to give me the following error

“Microsoft Office (Product name) has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

I don’t have idea why is the error occurring. Any help please ?

Re: Office Pro 2007 Not Installed For Current User

“has not been installed for the current user”.

How many user accounts do you have on your system ? Did you deleted that temp account you create for uninstalling/re-installing Office ? Are you now logged in as Administrator where you getting the error ?

Yes, I have deleted it as soon as reinstalled Office again. Also there is just ONE account on my PC and I am the only Administrator on this system with full admin privileges. What else can I do ?

Let me also tell you that my system is running with Windows XP Pro SP3 and the office suite am talking is Office Professional 2007.

Don’t worry guys, I have been through this error and was able to fix the problem myself. After lots of workaround, I finally came through Windows Installer Cleanup Utility that helped me to remove office totally from the computer along with its left over files and registry entries. After this I ran Windows Cleanup wizard over Programs files that did his job well. Once done with this I restarted the system and installed Office 2007 that went smoothly. Though you guys might have tried re-installing various times, give a shot again with the steps I followed. That really helped.

You can also check this KB describing fixing an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us

Re: Office Pro 2007 Not Installed For Current User

According to few searches that did regarding this problem I came to know that this problem occurs if the original release version of the Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system is installed on the same computer as the Beta 2 Technical Refresh version of the 2007 Microsoft Office programs. In order to fix, you can through the steps mentioned over here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928499 and then here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911682

Re: Office Pro 2007 Not Installed For Current User - My Fix

I was having the same problem. It just started the error out of nowhere. After searching for a long time, I found a fix that solved my problem at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687 I used the "Fix It For Me" method. After doing so, I started up Office 2007 and a dialogue box popped up saying that I need to validate my Office 2007. I did so and it worked. No issues.

*Note: This will probably only work if you are using a valid copy of the software.

Most of the times, Activation problems points towards corrupted license file, in such cases you cannot resolve the problem by removing and then reinstalling the Office product. The license file is not removed when you remove the Office product. Additionally, the license file is not overwritten when you reinstall the Office product. Another symptom of a corrupted license file is a failure to successfully pass Office Genuine Advantage validation. If the license file is corrupted, use one of the following methods to delete the license file.

Fix it for me
    To delete the corrupted license file automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.