Thread: I'd like to change my Office 2007 language to English

I'd like to change my Office 2007 language to English

I recently assembled a new Windows XP Pro computer and my bro bought Office 2007. When I installed the same I found it is in Thai language. I don’t know how it came to this language but now as am trying to change it to English, I can’t because I cannot understand the menus and interface. Also am just a beginner in computers hence don’t have much idea. Someone please help me to change my Office language to English. Help appreciated.

Re: I'd like to change my Office 2007 language to English

Which country is you located? I guess the Cd you got is according to region and there would be no English language built in because English edition comes with only English, French and Spanish. So, now if you want to get English you will need to buy the language pack separately. You can either buy applicable Single Language packs or the Office 2007 Language Pack (that has multiple language additions).

Re: I'd like to change my Office 2007 language to English

Well I have some another working trick that worked in my case, you can give it a try as well, hope it works for you. You have the product key with your Thai Office CD, right ? if yes, simply visit Microsoft Download center and download Office 2007 Trail in English Language.

Now go to Add and Remove Program and uninstall Office 2007. Run Disk Cleanup from Start > Programs > Accessories. Once done, restart your system and Install the Trail version. Later unlock/activate it with the Product key you got with your Thai CD. That’s it.

I used this trick with my Finnish Office and now it is working fine with English language. I saved my money to buy the language pack. You can just give it a try.

Best regards,
    Lauri