Thread: missing library MSVCR80.dll file

missing library MSVCR80.dll file

Me and my friend were trying load student disk related to our courses. While loading the same it seems like it has something to do with installed Office 2007. Whenever I try running this Disk, I always get and error about “missing library MSVCR80.dll file”. I tried to get this file on internet but instead of this file I got a patch saying that it will fix this error. I applied the patch but the error is still as it is. I even tried getting some help from prg help desk but that too was helpful for me. Can anyone help me out please ?

Re: missing library MSVCR80.dll file

As far as I know missing library MSVCR80.dll error occurs due to Norton security apps, most probably. So I would like to know whether you are using any Norton suite on your pc like NIS. If yes, did you tried changing the permission to allow all from its properties? If not try doing this and see if the error disappears.

Thanks for the help friend. As one of my friend also suggest me the same, I already did it but it dint helped.

What else can I do ?

Than I will recommend you to simply uninstall Norton from your system completely and see if the problem exists. Am sure the problem will be no more once you remove the Norton but if in case still you see the error than simply install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 runtime. It may fix the problem.

But as I said first test after removing the Norton, don’t go directly for Runtime update. Let me know the results.

Thanks again Rossen, but similar to earlier, I was searching web for the fix and I found a guy saying to remove Office 2007. I did the same and guess what the problem is solved now. There is no more error and dint even needed to uninstall Norton. Once we finish our courses I will re-install Office again.

I got a brand new Acer laptop that came with Vista and Office 2007 loaded. When trying to launch Outlook 2007, I use to get the following error:

“MSVCR80.dll was not found”

But let me tell you that I don’t have Norton, my system is protected with Mcafee virus shield software and as your second solution was to remove Office, where will I use Outlook if I remove Office. Hence none of these solutions suits in my case.

I guess there are some add-ons installed with Outlook that are creating this problem but as I’m just unable to open Outlook, I can’t even check them. What should I try? Can just re-installing the Office fix this error?