Thread: Enterprise 2007 install failed due to enterrWW.cab missing

Enterprise 2007 install failed due to enterrWW.cab missing

Everytime when I run a setup of Office 2007 Enterprise edition I am getting a constant EnterrWW.cab missing error. I had first tried the setting by copying files in my hard drive, but it does not looks to be working. Later on I tried the same using CD but the same issue here. I checked the content of disc where I cannot find this cab file. How can I restore this file back on disc. I had tried to find the download of this .cab file but it is not yet located. Thanks.

If you are getting this error on a new disc then simply ask the vendor for replacement. It will be a bit complicated for you to find a proper download for that and it is not easy to locate it on web. The cab file is damaged the setup will not continue.

Contact Microsoft for the same. The cd is not proper. You can try to find a download or same edition. It do not matter if it is a trial you can simply run the setup and then activate it with the key you have. It works in my situation. Also check that the disc that you want is genuine and not tampered. Microsoft also offers you a process of activating the application through phone.

You can try to replace the file. You need to check inside the CD content. You can copy the content in your hard drive and simply use the .cab file downloaded one and replace it. Also you must ensure one more thing, if the disc is defective and you must ask for a better or working disc.

Enterpriser.WW\EnterrWW.cab

I was able to get around the error condition by merely coping the file from the installation CD to a directory on my local hard drive and then pointing the installation program there.

Good luck.

This trick did not work for me. However, when I pointed the parent directory of the missing file, all went fine.