Thread: Office application version does not match with Office 2003. Help

Office application version does not match with Office 2003. Help

Need some urgent help guys. I bought a new laptop (about 2 weeks ago) running with Windows Vista. I’m also having a unused Office 2003 CD with Product key. When I am trying to install this on my laptop, installation gats failed with the following error message:

“Office application version does not match”

I have no idea what is meant by this. Is it like Office 2003 is not compatible with Vista ? But I have seen many Vista computers running with office 2003. One of my friend suggest me a fix that is available for Off 2007, I tried running the same here but of no use. Can someone please help me out with this ?

RE: Office application version does not match with Office 2003. Help

Hey me too facing a similar problem. Yours problem is while installing but mine is when launching any Office application. There was no problem in the installation thereafter when I try to launch to any word, excel or any other office program, it says “Office application version does not match”. While searching for some solution on web I came through the fix (I guess it’s the same you talking), but when I try to install that fix, it says I’ve already applied it.

Don’t know what to do ?

RE: Office application version does not match with Office 2003. He

First of all I would like to confirm whether you guys are trying to install/access office as an Administrator or other standard user ? Try doing it as an Admin.

Secondly, I’m bit confused why you are trying to apply Office 2007 fix? And as you said you getting message saying that is already applied, I doubt you were running any Office 2007 trail version and installed Office 2003 without removing it. Hence there is some conflicts between those office suites. Why don’t you guys just download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and remove each and every entry you see related to MS Office. Once done, run Disk Cleanup from Start > Programs and restart the computer. Now try to install Office 2003 again. It should work properly.

Re: Office application version does not match with Office 2003. Help

Yeah, you seem to be correct Zachary. I had the same problem couple of months ago. It was my new Vista based desktop that came with Office 2007 Trail pre-installed. When the trail expired I simply installed Office 2003 prior removing the Trail and thereafter when I tried accessing any office program, I use to get the same error.

But in my case I dint uninstalled the entire office, I just removed business contact manager and my problem got fixed. You guys should try it.