Thread: Problem installing Office 2007 Standard upgrade

Problem installing Office 2007 Standard upgrade

I have Windows XP installed on my computer and am trying to setup the office 2007 standard upgrade on it. The install starts fine but as soon as it hits halfway it gives an error message that says "SETUP cannot find Installation source for Standardr.WW\StdrWW.cab" with a browse box. When i browse the cd to find that particular file, i get another popup that says "Invalid location". Any ideas whats going on here?

Even i am having this issue and I have also tried copying from the CD to my hard drive but still the installation gives same issue. I get a dialog box that says "Setup cant find" and then it gives various folders that are on the CD. When I search on the CD and go to that particular folder then it remains there for one minute and then comes up with another missing folder issue. I have tried searching for a solution on this problem from various site but there arent any answer to this.

I think that you need to first of all remove all version of Office that is listed in the Add and Remove program in control panel including the Microsoft Office Activation Assistant and BCM which is the business contact manager and then try to remove all the temp files followed by a restart. After that check add and remove programs once again to ensure that all the remains of the Microsoft office is uninstalled from the pc and then try to install any paid version of the office suite in your comp.

Re: Problem installing Office 2007 Standard upgrade

I GOT IT TO WORK. Here's what I did after wanting to shoot myself in the face because of a couple of install issues, most notably the missing standardr.ww cab file that no one is actually missing.

I have a new install of Win 7 on a new drive. I was installing the full version of Office Standard 2007.

1. I uninstalled Microsoft Office Web something or other from the programs list.

2. I disabled Microsoft Security Essentials from it's real-time monitoring.

3. I began copying the files from the disk to a folder on my desktop with the intention of trying the install from there...while it was trying to install from the disk.

Previously if I didn't get the .cab error the install would go further, I'd get my hopes up only to have the dvd drive go quiet and then be told there was an error and I could go F myself.
    I was expecting that again, and decided to go ahead and copy the files from the cd to the desktop folder while it was installing, cause I didn't feel like I could hurt it anyway at this point.

The SURPRISE and awesomeness was that with the copying happening, the drive never got quiet, and next thing I know a "Successful Install" window popped up.

Hope my experience tonight helps someone. Good luck.
    Last edited by child9; 20-12-2011 at 12:48 PM.