Thread: how do i activate office 2007 if my product key doesn't work?

how do i activate office 2007 if my product key doesn't work?

It is my Windows XP computer where I re-installed Office 2007 yesterday and since then am trying to Activate it but it keeps saying “Invalid key”.

Am too frustrated, tried many things yet no success. Somebody please help.

Well buddy can I know from where did you get these keys ? I mean you bought from Microsoft or any other local retailer? Also are sure you are not making any mistakes between B and 8 OR O and 0 (zero) ? These are the very common mistakes we make while entering Product keys.

Other than this are you sure you entering the keys shown on the Office 2007 Certificate of Authenticity?

Re: how do i activate office 2007 if my product key doesn't work?

I’m not under estimating you but still for confirmation, are you trying to put the keys you got on the Sticker behind your system? If yes, that is the Windows Activation key and not for the Office. In order to activate Office, check the Office installation disk behind covers. There would be some sticker with the keys you want. If still its not working then better try contacting Microsoft for the key replacement. Obviously they will charge you few dollars.

Re: how do i activate office 2007 if my product key doesn't work?

Not sure how I make a new post so here's a new post disguised as a reply. I just received my new laptop and transferred applications and files via LapLink from old to new laptop. Included in the app's was Microsoft Office Standard 2007. On trying to launch the application on my new laptop it prompted me for the product code. I entered it and the error message said "incorrect product code." I reentered a half dozen times...still: "incorrect product code." I'm not making a mistake. Why is Microsoft making it so difficult to stick with their products...I'm using a new Windows 7 based Lenovo laptop. Very frustrating. This is genuine, bought at the store MS Office Standard.