Thread: Want to use a screenshot taken from google maps

Want to use a screenshot taken from google maps

Hi

I want to use a screenshot taken from google maps on my website but based on their copyrights policy I can't use it so now I am looking for something similar and I can't find anything like it.

I am looking for the map of north American not the satellite picture but what I am looking for is the terrain map or the regular one that shows all US states and Canadian Provinces..

any idea who has something similar to it.

Does it have to be a screenshot you use, or would a draggable Google Map be OK? I don't think Google would have objections there

I just want a nice image of north america to use on my website that looks like google's.. their privacy policy states that you can't edit or take any images without their permission and giving them credit,,

I can go ahead and just take a screenshot of one of their maps and just edit it and use it the way I want but I don't want to do that...

so do guys think their is anything similar to what they have that I can buy online. I did look online but nothing similar.. any ideas where I can find good quality maps

I'm still not sure I get this. If you opted for a non-static version (ie. a draggable map, not a screenshot), then this would be within Google's TOS, I believe, because you would have the clickable GM logo in the corner.

all I need is a screen shot no dragable or anything,, just a map of north america that looks like hat google offers