Thread: Safe place to leave luggage at Mumbai Airport

Safe place to leave luggage at Mumbai Airport

Does anybody know if there is a safe place to leave luggage in Mumbai airport that I don't want to carry around India?

Cheers

How much luggage do u have to store. And is it suitcase, backpack, musical instrument, cycle, car. Well whatever if u give an idea i could put u in touch with a safe and reliable set-up in mumbai. They r an international company which specialize in this sort of stuff.

This is part of the services that we feel are required by travellers in india and are working on. This company has warehouses where they could store things from documents to personal luggage to cats and kennels etc..

Dr. V Guest
    I want to store 1 suitcase at mumbai international airport for 2 weeks, when I travel to China. On return I will need suitcase soon, so I can catch another flight to usa within 3-4 hours. Please reply soon. Thanks!

There is a left luggage facility at Mumbai International Airport which I used 7 years ago. We enquired about it at the airport and found the place. Its somewhere near taxi parking area. We stored the luggage for around 12 Hrs and it was OK.

At that time the place looked like a big hall with lots of luggage inside and you get the feeling that your luggage will get lost in there.

I found this link about it http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/mumbai.html

Baggage Storage: There are 2 left luggage offices at the airport. One in a building between domestic terminals 1A and 1B. Here bags up to 30 kg can be stored for INR 15 per 24 hours, bags over 30 kg INR 20. Helmets and small bags are INR 5 per 24 hrs. The other offici is in a building just outside Intl arrivals 2A. Exit the terminal and turn left. The office is across the road near the taxi park. Prices here are INR 20 per bag for 24 hrs. Both offices are open 24 hrs a day. Notes: ◊Passengers without valid air tickets are not allowed to enter the terminals. However Visitors Entry Tickets can be purchased at each terminal to allow entry. Intl Terminals INR 60, domestic terminals INR 30. Exact money needed. ◊ATMs/Cash machines are located in 2 of the terminals. As you exit Intl terminal 2A, turn left and it is at the end of the building. In Domestic terminal 1A, it is upstairs at the western end of the building. ◊Baggage trolleys are free at the airport. Airport Tel No: +91 22 615 6500 or 6600.

There's also a left luggage building at the domestic airport. It's between the two terminals and not particularly secure looking, but probably fine. Storage fees were Rs.20 per bag per day.

There is a left luggage counter at the Chatrapati Shivaji (Sahar) International Airport just outside the Arrival Hall of Terminal 2A near the pre paid taxi stand. It charges Rs10 per piece of luggage for each day (24 hours). Also possible to keep your luggage at the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus in the cloak room near the Platform #13 for the same price. Both these places are safe and require that you have a lock on the bags or else they will not accept them (if it is a backpack which does not have a lock on it). Usually you will have to tell them that you will be keeping the bags for a long time or they may dispose it off after a long time of it not being retrieved. You may also try to keep it at the hotel you stay in if they allow you to do so for a small fee. Never hurts to ask before you book the hotel and it could even work out cheaper than the left luggage counter if they agree to keep it for free or a fixed amount per month. Hope this helps.
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER

I left two suitcases at Mumbai airport for three months and collected them with no problem. The depot is just to your left as you exit the International Arrivals Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita.P View Post
    There is a left luggage counter at the Chatrapati Shivaji (Sahar) International Airport just outside the Arrival Hall of Terminal 2A near the pre paid taxi stand. It charges Rs10 per piece of luggage for each day (24 hours). Also possible to keep your luggage at the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus in the cloak room near the Platform #13 for the same price. Both these places are safe and require that you have a lock on the bags or else they will not accept them (if it is a backpack which does not have a lock on it). Usually you will have to tell them that you will be keeping the bags for a long time or they may dispose it off after a long time of it not being retrieved. You may also try to keep it at the hotel you stay in if they allow you to do so for a small fee. Never hurts to ask before you book the hotel and it could even work out cheaper than the left luggage counter if they agree to keep it for free or a fixed amount per month. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much,

I owe you, everyone over at Lonely Plant was telling me that you couldn't store your luggage at the airport and that I'd have to find a hotel. 10R a day is well worth it to not have to lug it around for 5 weeks. I have locks and everything so if I get in at 2pm I should just be able to show up there and leave a deposit or something?

Thanks again.

Yes, I am sure you can tell them that you will be back after the period of travel in India and can also give them a deposit or an advance so that they know you are serious about it and just ensure that there are no valuables inside as they normally don't allow you to keep any thing very expensive inside your bags like jewellery, cameras, etc. Also ensure you don't have anything sweet or foodstuff inside the bags if they are soft luggage as there could be rats that might eat into your bags if they smell something they like!!! Hope this helps.

Cheers
    God is REAL... unless declared an INTEGER